Help Please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gachillia

Reaction score
Hi guys
This is my bunny I'm not sure about his breed, but I think he's a Holland Lop. He just turned 1 year old and I've noticed that his teeth began to change direction.. is this normal? He also has like a small ball size thing underneath his mouth right in the middle.
I've noticed this yesterday and I'm very worried about the whole situation..
Also note that from the very first day i got him (2 months old) he was drinking water from a pot
Later on he had the bottle kind one, the one that guinea pigs and hamsters drink from.
It's been about 3 days I've noticed the teeth and his throat and I've replaced his water bottle with a pot again.
If anyone knows what may be happening or if it normal please let me know so I can get the burden off my chest and if it's something serious call my vet to give the medical care needed.received_638546216951106.jpgIMG_20191221_232647.jpg

you need to go to a vet ASAP--im not a vet so idk if they're overgrown but they're clearly not properly aligned. if you don't see a vet his teeth could start causing him pain and he could stop eating

you need to go to a vet ASAP--im not a vet so idk if they're overgrown but they're clearly not properly aligned. if you don't see a vet his teeth could start causing him pain and he could stop eating
Thank you so much. I hope everything will end up being just fine. Do you know what may caused this?

how’s your bunny diet?

He will need to get his teeth filed down at a rabbit savy vet. It will be extra important that he eats a lot of hay and have branches to chew on, often bunnies love fresh branches more. To keep his teeth to wear down correctly.

I hope it’s not because of a birth defect or something genetic. Some bunnies are borne with genetics that will cause the teeth to grow wrong. Also chewing on something hard like the bars of a cage can make the teeth grow wrong and so on.

So when teeth don’t wear down correctly it can be because of many causes. But commonly for many bunnies that have their teeth growing wrong is because of a wrong diet.

Latest posts

Back