help..peapoo stinks!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AmberNBuns wrote:
The way I interpreted that is that peapoo has to go outsideanyways, and having a friend would make her feel better about thesituation...

It's funny how poor a form of communication our language is... lol.
Yeah...that's the way I read it, too. ;)

yea, obviously it is a pretty poor form ofcommunication since my last thread asking the opinion of rabbitbreeders about overpopulation - which i perfectly stated in the initialpost that i was looking for perspective and not an argument got stoppedbecause someone took offense...almost made me want to leave this sitefor good.

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
yea, obviously it is a pretty poor form of communicationsince my last thread asking the opinion of rabbit breeders aboutoverpopulation - which i perfectly stated in the initial post that iwas looking for perspective and not an argument got stopped becausesomeone took offense...almost made me want to leave this site forgood.
IMO....Breeders are not really the ones to ask of opinions concerningoverpopulation. Reason being??.....they are often the ones that get theunsubstantiated first blame for over-breeding and their methods ofculling to avoid overpopulation are not overly accepted by rabbit"owners".

Your topic was not locked because of what you were asking, but ratherbecause of how people were starting to respond. The topic you mentionedhas been visited and revisited several times on this forum and hasoffered no benefit.....on the contrary....it had culminated a certainamount of friction between differing opinions.

No offense, but no sense in rekindling that fire.

Back to topic....Let talk about those stinkie bunnies, eh?!?

~Jim

You might need to clean the scent glands.

Cleaning out scent glands
Rabbits have a scent gland either side of their anus. The scent glandneeds cleaning out as the scent is a liquid that can clog up the gland.Its a yucky stinky job, but it needs to be done. To clean the scentglands out, get a cotton bud and wet it with warm water. You may needto get someone to help you hold the rabbit upside down securely. Gentlyswab at the scent glands until the discharge comes off. If you have anytrouble doing this, ask your vet to do it for you.

Link found on http://www.fuzzy_rabbit.com

i just thought it would be better to haveanother bunny out there with her...anyways thats not a problem anymore,but we're still considering getting another bun...

she started smelling better after i took the alfalfa out, andsinceshe has been back on timothy hay she'scompletely back to normal..no smell at all... i have also used a littlebit of that bi-odor that you suggested... she has been inside the wholetime, but we're going to put her cage in a fence outside so that whenit gets a little warmer she can go out and run around..

thanks for the help everybody:)

*edit*

just thought i'd say that she's getting spayed sometime

peapoo_bunny wrote:
...anyways thats not a problem anymore.....
she started smelling better after i took the alfalfa out, andsinceshe has been back on timothy hay she'scompletely back to normal..no smell at all...

That's great news!!
I had a feeling that you'd be able to easily solve the stinkie bunniemystery....unless it was due to an underlaying health problem.

"You never know where things will lead"

~Jim

JimD wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote:
...anyways thats not a problem anymore.....
she started smelling better after i took the alfalfa out, andsinceshe has been back on timothy hay she'scompletely back to normal..no smell at all...

That's great news!!
I had a feeling that you'd be able to easily solve the stinkie bunniemystery....unless it was due to an underlaying health problem.

"You never know where things will lead"

~Jim

i am very glad that she's back to normal! i like having her inside withme:)... i think it was the alfalfa, because the day after i took it outthe smell gradually started getting better... no more alfalfa hayhere..i think we'll stick to timothy hay:)

i dont think she has any health problems, but i guess you never knowwhen something could happen...last night she scared me to death..shewas loose in my bathroom all afternoon and when i went in there latershe was fine..but then when i turned around she had blood all over herface:shock:...i guess she just jumped of her box and hit herface...she's fine now... accept her bottom teeth...on one side she hasa chip now...hope that doesnt cause any major problems:?..poor littlebunny..the box isnt high at all..maybe two ft at the most... she musthave feel hard or ran into the tub or something

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
I'm glad you solved the problem and you get to keep herinside. yipee!

Regarding her fall, i hope she heals soon. I hate when my bunnies are wounded. :(
well, i just went and checked on her...the blood is all gone,but it definately chipped part of her tooth...i hope it wears back downso its straight again...its kind of diagonal across right now

peapoo_bunny wrote:
ilovetegocalderon wrote:
I'mglad you solved the problem and you get to keep her inside.yipee!

Regarding her fall, i hope she heals soon. I hate when my bunnies are wounded. :(
well, i just went and checked on her...the blood is all gone,but it definately chipped part of her tooth...i hope it wears back downso its straight again...its kind of diagonal across rightnow
aww, how is she doing today?

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote:
ilovetegocalderon wrote:
I'mglad you solved the problem and you get to keep her inside.yipee!

well, i just went and checked on her...the blood is all gone,but it definately chipped part of her tooth...i hope it wears back downso its straight again...its kind of diagonal across rightnow
aww, how is she doing today?
she seems to be fine..she's back in the bathroom, but i put down morerugs so she wouldnt slide anymore...im watching her food andwaterto make sure she's stilleating anddrinking.... and shes definately still using the litter box...her teethare pretty rough looking.. i gave her another chewtoy, so hopefullythat will help

other than that shes just running around doing binkies...so i guessshe's a happybunny today.. she's demanding her noserubs as usual and being a little brat, so other than her teeth she'sfine

well, peapoo's been chewing constantly on hertoys..and surprisingly her teeth are already starting to lookbetter...her teeth did have a sharp point that i was kind of worriedabout, but it looks like it has smoothed out some today.

That's great. In my experience I'venoticed bunnies are super fast healers. A few days ago one ofmy rabbits tore a hole in the other's ear and now you would neverknow! at first i was really worried about what would happenbut she healed up almost over night.

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
That's great. In my experience I've noticedbunnies are super fast healers. A few days ago one of myrabbits tore a hole in the other's ear and now you would neverknow! at first i was really worried about what would happenbut she healed up almost over night.
ouch..poor bunny:(..im glad its ears better!

im also glad that her teeth are getting better..i was afraid it wouldtake awhile for them to straighten out, but if they keep improving likethis they'll be better in no time..

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
i know, my poor little bunny. i was so upset whenit happened. she got EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA special attention andtreats that night. :D:D:D
well you have to spoil thema little extra when they get hurt.. peapoo also had extra treats thatnight

Latest posts

Back