Help on convincing my parents to get a bond mate for my bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanutdabunny

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I am 100% ready to get a bondmate for my bunny. he has been neutered for almost 8 weeks at this point. If you can, can you put some information on why getting a bond partner would be a net positive, not negiative. I have to make a power point slide. Any info would help!

Ok I have a few pointers🙂

-Rabbits do better with a friend as they can be more social and happy

-The cost isn’t too much of a difference because they can use the same litterbox, water bowl, etc.

-Many rescues will do bonding processes with your bun and the one you plan on getting to see if they are a good match. This helps reduce the chance of a failed binding.

- Rabbits have been shown scientifically to reduce stress and anxiety. Two little dudes will be a great addition!

P.S, you have an astounding rabbit setup. I’m sure a new rabbit would love it❤️

Stop bumping your own topics just because you don't get a reply in the time you deem acceptable.

This topic has been asked thousands of times on the forum so please use the search function while waiting for answers.
You cannot guarantee that any new rabbit you get will even get along with your rabbit, meaning they have to be kept seperate for life. What do you plan to do if they begin to fight? 2 rabbits is twice the cost to keep, twice the vet bills if they get sick, twice the amount of cleaning and food.

@Madelyn L. Thank you! Now that I like my setup I am focusing on health. Sherwood supplements and food. Many mixes of hay with some foraging mix in it. Limited sugary veggies, Thanks for your help!

Hm, in my experience it doesn't make that much of a difference if it's one rabbit or two. Almost the same work, ok, more stuff to move, be it food or manure, but that doesn't make it twice the work like with two seperate rabbits. That's why I keep my rabbits in pairs.

It's so rewarding seeing them together, I can't give what they give each other, even if they are not a perfect match.

Here it's even illegal to keep pet rabbits alone, which is a stupid law that causes more problems than it solves since it doesn't always work out, but that's a different matter.

Attachments

• Red and Fury 2020.jpg
    Red and Fury 2020.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2
Are they both spayed/neutered Im taking my bunny in july and the rescue is going to test him with a ton of different bunnies!

Sadly not this one. But I know the owner well, and they take amazing care of the rescues. People just drop there rabbits off there. its sad

Since your getting peanut neutered, wait about eight weeks after the neuter to get a rabbit. If you can, I would get a girl. They are most compatible with males. Then, later, you can get the girl spayed🙂

Latest posts

Back