HELP OMG SMUDGE IS GONE!!!!! AHHHHH WAHHHH :( (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you find him. I would put his hutch or whatever he sleeps in, outside next to where he escaped from as well as a bowl of his favourite foods. You never know.

Good luck, let us know.

I've had rabbits escape before also (our house is bordered on both sides by houses but the back is all woods) but they've always returned home. I (needless to say) didn't get more than a few hours sleep worrying about them, but found them happily munching the neighbors grass the next day. Some rabbits are truly Houdini's - it amazing what they can escape.
Leave out his food bowl next to your house - rabbits don't really wander from their 'home-base' - they tend to stay around there even if they've escaped from their pen.
Wish I could offer you more help - please let us know if you find him.

Oh gosh I hope you find him, my rabbits sometimes get out on me too and I have never lost one yet. Then again I live in the middle of nowhere with very few predators, one of my rabbits was gone for 24 hours and another one was gone for (I will probably get slaughtered for this but heigh ho) three days before we finally caught her.

At night they will usually go and hide, I found with my rabbits that got out they would come around their pen or the shed in the morning and not stray much farther then the garden. If he can, he will come back during the day you just have to keep an eye out for him.

Mine were in their element when they got out, when I tried to catch them they binkied away happy as Larry.

I really hope you find him You are in my thoughts. Please keep us updated.

The only thing I can say is calm down and look. also check out the pin very good for a hole I have seen Storm fit through some pretty small places before.

OH huni I am so so so sorry for u right now...I wud b frantic too.

Any news...how r u holding up, any sign of Smudge???

I have been out since dawn and it is around 9 now..but nothing. i looked everywhere....

We're praying for you here.

We have had bunnies get out, and Nethies can have enough to put the cage pulled up enough to get out. Thankfully we have always seen it happen or seen the rabbit hopping around in the back yard.

I would leaving the pen open with treats in it, that way he could come back where he is comfortable

i have the pen in the same spot, treats filled on a plate in it with a radio playing some music but not to loud..i just want him back

I wouldn't play a radio if you don't normally play one. If you do, then it should be fine. I never play music inside, so I know that it would probably make my rabbits more cautious to come.

I hope you find him today :hug:.

I remember years ago (when I was an early teen) we had a dutch bun named "Frisbee". He escaped his hutch one day and just ran around our 1 acre back yard. My dad felt bad for him, so he just let him do it...even left his cage open all day and Frisbee would hop back in there at night time, so my dad would close it up. Gosh...this went on for a year until he finally just decided he didn't want to run around anymore (he was about 6 when he died...which was a few weeks after he stopped wanting to run around). We lived right next to the woods and on a busy road....I'm honestly surprised Friz lasted so long, thinking about it now! So.....keep up your hopes!!

I hope it is, too.

However, using the IP address, LovableLopsmight be over 30 miles from Herndon.
I don't think Smudge could have made it that far....unless he had help.

What a scary situation!

This is what I would do:
1) put up fliers in the neighborhood
2) knock on the doors of nearby neighbors to ask
3) contact local humane societies and rescues. Usually they will keep a description of him on file and notify you if he comes in. Many shelters will hold an animal that comes in as a stray for about 7 days before deciding to put it up for adoption or PTS for space concerns. Is he microchipped at all? That information would help a lot
4) Give the fliers to local vets as well--include microchip info if you have it.
5) put up an ad on craigslist--in the lost and found section and in the pets section
6) put out a live trap with his favorite treat in the backyard

Good luck--this must be really terrible.

Latest posts

Back