Help! Nursing and pregnant rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pollyelly

Reaction score
Hi! My sweet girl has 27 day old bunnies, they’re doing awesome. She got out and got pregnant a day or so after delivering. How do I manage her nursing and having new babies?

It's time to wean and seperate the first litter. If they are around they quite likely will trample and soil the nest, and raid the milk buffet.

4 weeks is old enough to wean them, they should already eating whatever the doe eats, don't make changes to that diet, well, you can start to add some kitchen oatmeal since that is high energy and easy to digest.

It's time to wean and seperate the first litter. If they are around they quite likely will trample and soil the nest, and raid the milk buffet.

4 weeks is old enough to wean them, they should already eating whatever the doe eats, don't make changes to that diet, well, you can start to add some kitchen oatmeal since that is high energy and easy to digest.
Ok. Thank you so so much ❤️❤️ I have an extra hutch with nest box etc. wish me luck

Latest posts

Back