HELP!! not eating cecotropes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hello guys, I posted on my last thread about haru changing.. today I came back from college and she was fine, she ate hay, pellets, and I gave her a little bit of apricot and hibiscus, and I went to take a nap, when I woke up we had guests, haru used to love guests, but now she gave them her back, I took her to my room, she didn’t want to eat hay, when I’m putting more, she would come running, like she wants to eat, then she looks at it and leaves, she’s calmer too, I thought maybe she doesn’t want it because it’s a bit shorter, I opened a new hay bag and gave her some, she ate it and when she got up there was a pile of cecotropes!!! Why is that? is she sick? I don’t think that she can’t eat them, because she was just cleaning her legs, I gave them to her, she sniffed it and looked like she didn’t really want it, I picked it up with a tissue and put it closer to her mouth, she ate it with the tissue..
When I told my mom she said that the whole time that I was sleeping she was sitting in the corner
Could it be that she got stressed? Or maybe because I’m increasing her pellets?
She’s sleeping now, there is some teeth grinding, I just don’t know if it’s purring or if she’s in pain
If it’s because I increased her pellets should I stop? I measured 1/4 a cup and it was 19 grams, so I gave her 10 grams last week, and today I started giving her 11...

Attachments

• 02073711-66FE-4FAC-887A-FDB01A5F50E1.jpeg
    02073711-66FE-4FAC-887A-FDB01A5F50E1.jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 7
Hm, I'm not to sure. Is sounds like she is getting sick... I feel terrible saying that but I'm not sure what else to say. I hope she gets better tho!

Hm, I'm not to sure. Is sounds like she is getting sick... I feel terrible saying that but I'm not sure what else to say. I hope she gets better tho!

I looked in Bullseye's cage and there was a cecotrope. Nothing seems to be wrong with him, he was eating and everything. I haven't changed his food or hay or anything like that. I offered it to him and he sniffed it and then acted like he did not want it. does anyone know why he's not eating it?

I looked in Bullseye's cage and there was a cecotrope. Nothing seems to be wrong with him, he was eating and everything. I haven't changed his food or hay or anything like that. I offered it to him and he sniffed it and then acted like he did not want it. does anyone know why he's not eating it?
With haru it only happened that time, after that i saw her eating them just fine.. it happened before too, she left a trail of cecotropes, i gave them to her, she ate some and refused to eat the rest so I left her, I got worried but then i saw her eating fresh ones from her butt..
I think that if it happens once in a while there shouldn’t be any problems, but if you keep seeing cecotropes then it could be a teeth problem, or if the rabbit is old or have any problems and can’t bend to eat them, or if they have enough nutritions, I’m not 100% sure about this, but this is what I read online when it happened to haru, and both times it happened when I increased her pellets.

Latest posts

Back