Help needed: problematic bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitlover2019

Reaction score
hello every rabbit lover

my bunny is almost 8 month old,im taking care of her from 7 month ago. She is very energic and friendly.
SHE IS NOT SPAYED.

she was totally free roam in my room and only pees and poops on her Letterbox until recently.
it's been almost a week now since she start pooping other where in my room and also my bed.
when i stand up she starts circling my feet and make specific noise.
she also eat less hay and more pellets.
last night i woke-up because she was licking my arm. recently she stared sleeping right beside me and i have to share my blanket with her.

i live in Iran and there is no rabbit savvy vet. so i cant spay her.
tonight i put her on a cage and closed it. also i put her liter box on cage.
im worrying that she stop using her liter box :(:(:(:(:(

help me please.

IMG_20200221_183335.jpg

Hi! I would just like to say that unfortunately your rabbit is probably sick! Signs of a sick rabbit contains different behavior, changes in appetite,abnormal noises. But as for the circling that means it is time to be spayed!! It's sometimes followed by a soft honking noise or oinking. But it might also means it needs more attention from human company. As for the pellets u suggest cutting back and putting way more hay. If her poop is smushy or liquidy than that is also a sign of sickness.

Remember she should only have 1/4 of a cup of pellets or less a day!!

Hope your rabbit feels better also, I suggest getting her a friend if your not home all day because she may be acting bad became see she wants more attention or a friend.❤️

Hi! I would just like to say that unfortunately your rabbit is probably sick! Signs of a sick rabbit contains different behavior, changes in appetite,abnormal noises. But as for the circling that means it is time to be spayed!! It's sometimes followed by a soft honking noise or oinking. But it might also means it needs more attention from human company. As for the pellets u suggest cutting back and putting way more hay. If her poop is smushy or liquidy than that is also a sign of sickness.

Remember she should only have 1/4 of a cup of pellets or less a day!!

Hope your rabbit feels better also, I suggest getting her a friend if your not home all day because she may be acting bad became see she wants more attention or a friend.❤️
Thank you.
there is no sign of sickness and seems like hormonal behavior.

i caged her and hope after 2-3 days, she get back normal.

but if not, ho long her new behaviors may last?

It definitly sounds like a healthy girl comming of age. doesn't sound like illness at all.

About pellets, right, it's your responsibility to restrict those, most likely she would gobble down whatever you serve. Pellets are a spinoff from meat production, very convinient and a good supplement, but there's a reason why they taste so good, addictive.

Well, you may have a bumpy road ahaed, but I have no other idea either about that than putting her in a restricted, cleanable area for some time every time she pees outside. Piles of poop are a kind of marking too, I think you reacted right, if that works for you keep doing that. As long as she doesn't pee outside neo real harm is done, and she's already a very good girl for not doing that.
Some stray bunny berries is something you have to live with.

It's not possible to tell how long that lasts, and how it turns out in the long run, but now she's a rebellious teenager, and hormones ebb and flow throughout the year, springtime can be trying. But it completly depends on your rabbits character, seems fine so far - I can tell you that it could be much worse.

Hi there, please never cage her again. I was facing the same problems lately. But I was informed before that if my bunny pees and poops around me that means it loves me and has started trusting me than before.
Actually when they feel that they are safe around you then they do this kind of works. But yes, still it is a problem because you have to clean the places again and again. I think if you make her a large place to hop and take rest and sometimes you yourself give her time by sitting or lying around her. She will know her own place to hop, poop and pee.

She’s hormonal, I would say keep on cleaning after her and correct her behavior.

I had the same problems with my boys and girl. Worse with the girl because she had to be litter trained every time she got hormonal. So it happened at least 2 times every year and the period was around 1 to 2 months.

Litter training during the teenage period was hell, I had to struggle for 6 months until the hormones calmed down. They will truly test your patience ^^

When my doe went into her destructive and hormonal behavior I let her have a room for herself where she could do whatever she wanted. Because she would become so grumpy and bite me if I was in her way, getting bitten by a 6 kg grumpy queen isn’t fun.

This was before neutered and spayed. Don’t spay her if you don’t have any good vets. A good vet it’s extremely important for bunnies and specially for a doe.

hello every rabbit lover

my bunny is almost 8 month old,im taking care of her from 7 month ago. She is very energic and friendly.
SHE IS NOT SPAYED.

she was totally free roam in my room and only pees and poops on her Letterbox until recently.
it's been almost a week now since she start pooping other where in my room and also my bed.
when i stand up she starts circling my feet and make specific noise.
she also eat less hay and more pellets.
last night i woke-up because she was licking my arm. recently she stared sleeping right beside me and i have to share my blanket with her.

i live in Iran and there is no rabbit savvy vet. so i cant spay her.
tonight i put her on a cage and closed it. also i put her liter box on cage.
im worrying that she stop using her liter box :(:(:(:(:(

help me please.

View attachment 45552
My bunny was acting the same, last week she was so calm and now this week like I told Hermilin on my post that I accept her behavior because I love her. And my bun isn’t spayed either she is about two years old turning three I got her from a girl going off the college and she never spayed her. Which is super important especially because my bun is an adult but the vet is booked til may so I have to wait. My rabbit started making noise and circling my feet when she’s happy it could be hormonal because it is spring season. My bun also marks her territory she started doing it yesterday outside her pen she left me three poop to clean. She’s probably getting used to you like my bun is with me.

she is definitely hormonal! Just keep reinforcing good behavior, rabbits tend to be more receptive to positive reinforcement than negative reinforcement. Also, it is cool that your rabbit bonded with you like that but be careful, she might use it to her advantage like free roam of the house.

Latest posts

Back