Help Needed For a Breeder Friend

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cirrustwi

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I just found out tonight that someone who workswith my Mom has had rabbits for years and just recently got intobreeding. Her husband apparently bred Flemish several yearsback and now they are going to breed Flemish and do breed Mini andHolland Lops. They just had their first litter of Hollandslast night. Mom had 3 babies, but must have had a problembecause she was dead this morning. The babies were stillalive, and they have 2 litters of Mini Lops, so they fostered thebabies to one of them. The Mini Lop mom is doing fine andfeeding the Hollands normally, but the question they had for me was ifit would be ok to keep them with her. Basically, is it ok tofoster 1 breed to another breed? I'm thinking it should befine, but I'm not positive.

Thanks!

Jen

Thanks Pam. I was thinking it shouldbe fine, but I didn't know for sure and I didn't want to say, "oh, yes,it will be ok," and have it turn out badly.

Jen

We have also used "other breed" does to fosterbabies... our Mini Rex moms have raised lots of Flemish for us! (Thatis a sight to see!) LOL! But they always take care of themlike their own!

BlueGiants wrote:
We have also used "other breed" does to foster babies... ourMini Rex moms have raised lots of Flemish for us! (That is a sight tosee!) LOL! But they always take care of them like theirown!
Papa Mini Rex (looking a baby Flemish): Dear, we need to talk!

Mama Mini Rex: Honey, I can explain...

:rofl:

Bluegiants -- you MUST post some pics of that next time you foster Flemish kits to a Mini Rex. Bet they are adorable.

Latest posts

Back