Help! Nasal discharge and sneezing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ariana

Reaction score
So I was in my buns room for nightly inspection and I heard him sneezing, he has had a bought with allergies but he was pawing at his face so I picked him up and thick milky white mucus was stuck in his nose, I took his nasal sucker (the things for babies) and sucked it out but there was a lot. His nose is very red inside and out .i flushed his nose with nasal saline which seemed to help a little. I checked his temperature- (101.6) I listened to his lungs but I couldn’t hear well. His ears seem fine. My imagination runs wild so I am panicking hardcore that it’s a respiratory infection. Should I take him to the vet ASAP? He’s eating fine, but I have noticed for a week I keep finding little and a few big stains on his sheets and blankets and I have no clue what they are, he never had accidents. He has been not very active lately but he did run around today. I’m not sure what to do...

I would take him to the vet. Most likely you'll receive antibiotics to treat a respiratory infection. It's good that you've collected these behavioral and physical signs, and now you know this is something that's clearly abnormal. At that point, a vet assessment is the best next step!

So I was in my buns room for nightly inspection and I heard him sneezing, he has had a bought with allergies but he was pawing at his face so I picked him up and thick milky white mucus was stuck in his nose, I took his nasal sucker (the things for babies) and sucked it out but there was a lot. His nose is very red inside and out .i flushed his nose with nasal saline which seemed to help a little. I checked his temperature- (101.6) I listened to his lungs but I couldn’t hear well. His ears seem fine. My imagination runs wild so I am panicking hardcore that it’s a respiratory infection. Should I take him to the vet ASAP? He’s eating fine, but I have noticed for a week I keep finding little and a few big stains on his sheets and blankets and I have no clue what they are, he never had accidents. He has been not very active lately but he did run around today. I’m not sure what to do...
Agreed. Get him to a vet. Bunnies can go downhill so fast- it’s not worth the risk. You seem like a super bun parent!

@JenGibs @John Wick Thank you guys! Our vet is closed today but I will call first thing in the morning, I noticed his poos are small and his stomach felt a little hard so I have him some medication for that. I haven’t seen any nasal discharge today so I think he’ll be ok till tomorrow. Is there anything I should pick up or give him to help him is he does have a respiratory infection?

Latest posts

Back