Help my rabbit is shaking - RIP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes the vet did check her eyes and checked her breathing but the vet that I went to did not give me a diagnosis for what’s wrong really.

I don't have experience with ear mites in rabbits, but I think it should be treated or could cause problems like head tilt and ear infections, but I'm not an expert.

the vet told us she would send us home with medication to treat it but never ended up doing it. So we bought some that I used before that worked well.

He is now bleeding out his rear end. He is lathargic, just skin and bones. It looks like he is just giving up he rufuses food in a syringe and just shakes his head. And I’m trying to force feed him.

The bleeding is an emergency. Find a rabbit savvy vet ASAP and get him there, if you can.

He passed away last night. We made sure he was comfortable and surrounded by those who loved him. He is deeply missed I miss my best friend.

I've been thinking about you all day. Thank you for coming back to let us know what happened. I'm very sad to hear your little buddy didn't make it. So sorry about the loss of your friend. :(

I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I can tell you really cared and loved your rabbit. Last year, my very first rabbit died unexpectedly, he was fine at bedtime, sick in the morning and died later that day. I was so shocked i had the vet do an autopsy,but he couldn't find anything wrong. It is always hard to recover from the loss of a beloved pet. But even with all the worry and then sadness,the joy from they give us is worth all of it.

She is a 3 years old rabbit and is pooping in small amounts. She is litter trained but since a few days ago stopped using the litter box. she shakes/vibrates from her head down to her front paws. She eats a tiny amount and drank a little bit of water than she freaks out and her head started to shake I heard her stomach growl and she grits her teeth. I’m hearing a weird breath out every now and then and she is in a loafing position right now. Plz help I don’t know what to do!
Your rabbit is in serious pain and may be having seizures bunnies can get fatally ill very quick vet asap

Hello, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm also very sad for your whole experience. I have to say, rabbit.org has been a crucial resource for me. Rabbits are not an easy pet to maintain unlike cats and dogs....at least a cat has the vomit reflex for hair balls! A rabbit-savvy Vet is crucial too! Sending you my most sincere sympathy.

I hate to use these words but from your first post to everybody’s response if your bunny has bloat or stasis, she would have been gone after the fourth or fifth response. If she was in stasis and you wait too long bunnies don’t survive a day. Bloat is even worse. 80% do not survive.
Hearing all this your rabbit has neither
Your rabbit needs to be seen by a rabbit savvy vet and have blood work done. There are many things your rabbit could have that nobody here unless they are vets are qualified to answer.
If your pet gets ill, stop writing and get them to a vet.none of these people have the right to give you advice other than seeing a vet. I have seen tooo many bunnies die from others giving advice on what they think your rabbit has.
If your parents won’t take you, see if you can contact a rescue group in your area and ask if they can help by taking you and maybe even helping you find out how financially you cantake care of your bunny.
I have to guess since they won’t take you that your bunny is not spayed and that can lead to many bad things.
I wish you you and your bunny the best and hope others will hear my words

Please read the full thread, her bunny passed away already.
Plus all advice given was to get to a vet asap, we all agree that a vet is the only person who can treat an ill animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back