HELP! My rabbit is really upset! (Training)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayKai

Reaction score
Hello all, I need help! I have a rabbit who is 4 months old I just started litter training him. I did a lot of research on how to do it. Before training I had him in paper bedding in his play pen because I'm a new bunny mom. During training it was recommended that I removed the bedding and put a nice oriental rug down instead. (Fyi the rug seems to be more frugal than the bedding) so, I put the rug in his cage and the litter box with some of his pee and poopy. I added hay to the litter box and then I put it in his cage. Shortly after doing that I put him in the cage and then all hell breaks loose! He start sniffing around and even marked his chin on the rug but I guess that wasn't enough.... at the top of his cage there is a slot that I open to clean his cage out right? Well he jumped so high out of the cage and he has never done that before I was shooketh! And then he looked like he was upset 😭 I'm confused does he hate the rug? Or does he hate that I took the bedding out? I don't know what to do guys he looks visibly upset and I just want to litter train him. Please provide tips.

What is he doing that makes you think he's upset? Usually a rabbit that's ticked off at you, will thump at you, flick their feet while hopping away from you, or glance at you then markedly turn their back to you( while making sure you see them doing this). If you're not sure, if you can get a short video of his behavior and post it here, it might give us a better idea of what's going on. If the video is too long, you may need to upload to a site like youtube, etc, then post the link here.

He isn't doing it anymore, maybe it was because I changed around his play pen suddenly, made it to where his sole purpose should be focused on litter training in his play pen. At least he is actually sitting on his liter box for long periods of time. the only behavioral problem he is having now it chewing at the rug I put in there. I heard bitter spray works? Should I give that a go? And thanks for responding it's greatly appreciated 👍

He isn't doing it anymore, maybe it was because I changed around his play pen suddenly, made it to where his sole purpose should be focused on litter training in his play pen. At least he is actually sitting on his liter box for long periods of time. the only behavioral problem he is having now it chewing at the rug I put in there. I heard bitter spray works? Should I give that a go? And thanks for responding it's greatly appreciated 👍
If he chews the rug, take it out and put non-slip, textured, cushioned lino down.

Thank you all for your responses! I flipped the rug over where it has rug backing and he can't bite it so yes! Kay-1 Binx-0 lol jk but it works and he also is actually using the litter box so double yay! So this has been resolved, thanks guys ❤️

Latest posts

Back