HELP, my rabbit at a large *but unknown* amount of BOSS

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gelliebean

Reaction score
I have a small shelf that I keep her hay, pellets, and treats on. She has never been able to access any of these from the shelf. She's been feeling better after her spay (despite having to wear a shirt) so I began to let her free roam again limited to my bedroom. I left her for a bit to go shower, I come back she somehow pulled the 20 pound bag of sunflower seeds off of the shelf, chewed a hole through the bottom, and was having an all you can eat buffet. I have no idea how much she actually ate, but she was alone in my room for maybe 30-45 minutes. I have no clue how she got onto the shelf let alone pulled the bag off. The sunflower seeds are now hiding in my closet.

This was on Monday, no signs of an upset tummy and she's still eating and drinking. I'm giving her no BOSS for at least the week. Do you guys see any concern with this? Her fur is incredibly soft right now but she'll probably go into a molt right? She is a freaking pig and she LOVES them so knowing her she probably ate an entire daily size serving of pellets. I'm just praying: Please don't molt, please don't molt, please don't molt!

Also, if she were to go into a molt, how long would that kind of thing take? How long would it take for her to begin molting after eating the sunflower seeds, how long does it last?

As long as her eating and pooping is normal, or normalizes today, I would say she's probably fine. And I would just resume the normal feeding amount of BOSS after today.

She could go into a molt, or not, and no way to know how long it will last. It's different for every rabbit. So I would just judge that on how long a fall molt has lasted for her in the past.

I bet she really enjoyed her little covert BOSS party. With rabbits, you never know what they're going to throw at us :p

Latest posts

Back