Help my bunny isn’t pooping after castration!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscuitthebunny

Reaction score
My rabbit was castrated yesterday about midday I collected him last night seemed to be moving around fine little sleepy, he’s not got a massive appetite but if I put food in front of him he’s picking at some of it, he hasn’t pooped since he’s been home and it’s been 12 hours since I picked him up I’m getting really worried!
Any help?!

Have he been eating anything the hours he’s been home? Have he started to nibble on his hay?

If he’s eating and drinking on his own just keep an eye during this day and see if he will have any droppings.

You can feed vet veggies and herbs he’s used with so he get water and food in the stomach.

I know my bunny loves herbs more than vet veggies. Used it to get him to eat after being neutered, he preferred it more than his favorite treats.

He’s nibbled a little bit of hay but not much, and he’s eating some veggies not his pellets though and seems to occasionally be drinking, I took him to the vets this morning after really panicking they’ve given him a gut stimulation injection and some pain relief, this was nearly 3 hours ago still no poops but got follow up appointment in the morning.

Just let him have a calm place, sometimes stress will make it harder for bunnies to function normal.

You have already been to the vet, so I’m sure he will soon start having droppings again during the day.

Latest posts

Back