Help my bunny ate chocolate

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Joined
Aug 23, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan
My bunny is 2 months old and she accidentally ate some chocolate its a chunky bar and it looks like she only ate a little but after reading online that chocolate can kill rabbits im scared she eats her hay and i gave her some pellets to maybe help get it out her system but i still dont know what to do and currently i am low on funds for a vet so any help will do
 

Blue eyes

Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
8,423
Reaction score
5,649
Location
Arizona, USA
Eating hay is great for her. You have the right idea of giving her plenty of hay to flush any toxins through her system. She's quite young but keep an eye on her poos. If she's still having good (normal) poos, then she should be fine.
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan
Okay almost 24 hours later she seems to be her normal self her poops are normal and she still eats a plays so thank you and also do you may know how long it takes for something like that to leave her system?
 

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2012
Messages
10,780
Reaction score
6,268
Location
Utah, , USA
If she's fine 24 hours after, it's likely she's in the clear. Though do keep an eye on poops and eating for at least one more day just to be safe.
 
Top