HELP! My bunnie has not given birth yet!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I bought a French lop from a lady and she said she was pregnant when I bought her she said that the rabbit was due March 15. She has not had her kits yet she isent nesting or anything this will be the rabbits first time delivering kits any information is welcome thank you!

Welcome! It is normal for rabbits to go a day or two over. I would make sure she has a nesting box along with plenty of hay. Here is a link on pregnancy in rabbits: https://www.raising-rabbits.com/pregnant-rabbit.html.
Thank you for replying! She has tons of hay! I made sure of that and she has nesting box. Is it normal for her to not nest at all? All she has done all day is eat hay and run and then for the past 30 min she has just been laying on her side licking her paws and hair. Is this normal behavior? I’m new to the whole breeding thing so any info will help!

It is common for rabbits to not nest until they are about to give birth. She will probably begin to nest tonight and then go into labor and have the babies tomorrow. Please send pictures of the babies when they get here! I love baby bunnies so pictures are always loved!

It is common for rabbits to not nest until they are about to give birth. She will probably begin to nest tonight and then go into labor and have the babies tomorrow. Please send pictures of the babies when they get here! I love baby bunnies so pictures are always loved!
I will totally send pictures when she has them! Let’s hope it’s tonight!!

Also, she will most likely wait to pull fur until about 2 hours before birth. Be careful if its her first litter. I hope I goes well and the kits are happy and healthy! Like theo said, send pics!

Also, she will most likely wait to pull fur until about 2 hours before birth. Be careful if its her first litter. I hope I goes well and the kits are happy and healthy! Like theo said, send pics!
She started nesting this morning! She is piling hay in her mouth and pulling fur! I’m so excited !how long do you think it will be before she starts have long her kits

You can offer her a Tums (fruit flavoured is said to be prefered) to prevent any problems due to low calcium levels.

Other than that, keep checking on her regularly,just in case there are kits outside the nest.

Mine start nesting a few hours before kindling, or just in time.
Isn't the waiting game fun? :D

Yes, most likely. The babies will be here soon. Don't keep checking on her because it may stress her out. I would only check on her every half hour to make sure none of the babies are out of the box.

She isent building her nest anymore she is just lying in it does this mean she is going into labor?
She isent building her nest anymore she is just lying in it does this mean she is going into labor?
She gave birth to one kit but came out dead. Is there something that I did wrong ? Will she have more? The kit is vary large I’m thinking maybe that is one of the reasons it died?

You didn't do anything wrong. Some babies are still-born. She will most likely have more. It being large may not be the reason it died. Was the dad bigger than the mom?

I don’t know if the dad was big or not I bought her from a lady off Facebook. She didn’t tell me she was pregnant till a week later when I asked.

Most rabbits kits dont make it in the first litter, it has happened to me and I was devastated, I am so sorry... There is still a chance the rest though!

Latest posts

Back