help me offer advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Reaction score
have a somewhat handicapped lady with a good support system buy a bunny from me in the summer.

She is expecting perfect litter box habits and I advised her before purchase that such thing is not going to happen. Bunnies scent mark. She insisted that it could and very much wanted to buy a holland lop bunny. So I let her. I'm not going to needlessly argue with people. :)

He litter trained well and for a good length of time achieved about a 95% success rate. She was happy...but.

Bunny does not have perfect litter box habits, lately is beginning to pee on her carpet.

I've advised that bunny is maturing and may get sloppy with litter box habits and getting him neutered maybe advisable. To not let him out his cage (it's a big one so it's not like he HAS to get out of his cage) so he can't make a mess that is difficult for her to clean up.

She's wanting to me to deal with it all (over the internet).

I do not know what else to advise her.

Just so you know....I very much educate my bunny people before I sell a bunny. I give them all sorts of advice and assistance. BUT I don't neuter bunnies for people. I will take bunnies back. I will advise people what to do but I can't force people to take my advice.

So...any thoughts? :)

I will pass them along to her.

Thank you for your help.

I think you are completely right and a neuter is needed at this time to increase odds of helping litterbox habits. But of course even that isn't a guarantee. But what does she mean she wants you to handle it over the internet? You can't fix a bunny that way :)

Could you refer her here and we could all give her the same advice so she "believes" you that he needs to be neutered?

There isn't much you can do, if you've already suggested a neuter. Some people are just stubborn =) Or Refer her to this Forum and we can all help her.

What I mean by over the internet is that she doesn't want me at her place to do a consult. She just wants me to fix the problem, which I can't do. I have passed along the forums I am part of to see if she wants to go there for assistance as well, but have been unsuccessful. I think stubbornness is part of it. I just don't get the asking for helping for help and then not taking it.

What I mean by over the internet is that she doesn't want me at her place to do a consult. She just wants me to fix the problem, which I can't do. I have passed along the forums I am part of to see if she wants to go there for assistance as well, but have been unsuccessful. I think stubbornness is part of it. I just don't get the asking for helping for help and then not taking it.

Oh I see. But yah, a consult probably what isn't needed anyway. She just needs to take your neuter advice! Haha, she does sound stubborn :)

Don't know if you've told her this yet, but sometimes telling people that bunny's behavior can become ingrained if they wait too long to neuter, just might give the impetus needed for her to take action.

Latest posts

Back