Help me name my rats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
Not everyone looks at blogs, so I wanted to show my rats off in here :).

They need names though so any ideas would be great ;).

Rat brother 1:

DSC04332.jpg

DSC04342.jpg

DSC04347.jpg

Rat brother 2 (only has one eye):

DSC04353.jpg

DSC04351.jpg

DSC04350.jpg

We are already calling them "the one eyed rat" and "the other one" so they need names ASAP!

I am terrible at names, it takes me forever to pick names.

I am so glad you have finally gotten them home! They look like little sweeties. I wonder what their color is? I have never seen such light colored hooded bare backs.

They look a bit skinny, too, poor guys! Hopefully the homemade food mixture and people foods will fatten them up.

:inlove:

ETA: What about calling the one eyed baby "Wink"?

They are adorable! My dream is to get a hairless rat!:pAre the sneaky how about anmeing them Bonnie and Clyde!

Merry Christmas.... and a Happy New Year!

Aly!:)

Well - I've never been a fan of rats so my names are a joke..ok?

"Yours" and "Not Mine"

:biggrin2:

Seriously though - they're cute. I have no idea about names though...

I'm not sure what colour the hooded one is either, he's extremely pale. They are 4.5 weeks old and have nuts already (just thought that was amazing :p). There were three others as pale as him. The mum and dad rat were both dark.

Where we got them from there were over 100 adult rats and huuundreds of babies, so not surprised if they are skinny. The lady was at her wits end with all the rats, cats with kittens and birds she had. She said it takes her all day to feed everyone.

I've had them since Friday morning now (it's Monday today) and they are already getting fatter :D. I did think they were a bit skinny too - she'd taken them off the mum a few days ago and they were only eating cereal, no protein at all, or meat related stuff. Probably not the best place to get pets from but not many rat breeders close by.

har har har Peg :p.

NZminilops wrote:
I'm not sure what colour the hooded one is either, he's extremely pale. They are 4.5 weeks old and have nuts already (just thought that was amazing :p). There were three others as pale as him. The mum and dad rat were both dark.

Where we got them from there were over 100 adult rats and huuundreds of babies, so not surprised if they are skinny. The lady was at her wits end with all the rats, cats with kittens and birds she had. She said it takes her all day to feed everyone.
Wooooah! That is a lot of rats. I would consider that a hoarder, here! Was she breeding for feeders :??

Oh, yeah....those *goolies* sure do mature quickly! My little 4 week old boys started showing theirs a few days ago!

Feeders, hmm, I don't think so, we don't have any snakes native to NZ and I wouldn't know if you could even have pet ones, I would think not. She said she's running a petshop from home, probably just started with a few of everything but it got out of hand.

Thanks for the name ideas :D.

NZminilops wrote:
Feeders, hmm, I don't think so, we don't have any snakes native to NZ and I wouldn't know if you could even have pet ones, I would think not. She said she's running a petshop from home, probably just started with a few of everything but it got out of hand.

Thanks for the name ideas :D.

Running a pet shop from home? Weird! Things are so much different in other parts of the world, lol! She probably didn't realize how quickly they bred, then didn't separate in time, ect..

I think the names Winkie and Twinkie are cute...hahahaha!

Trust me Amy, that's not normal here lol! I think she was just a bit loopy :p. She called me today and said I could come and take some more boy rats for free as it was Christmas and she's feeling generous. She said I could have 7 more! Yikes!

I love the Pirate name idea, thanks Tonyshuman! MissBinky came up with a cute name on MSN of Albin which she said means white I think. I like it but perhaps a variation on that. The one eyed dude is Pirate for sure though.

They were so playful just now. Rat people, is it ok to let them play wrestle with my fingers? Or is that encouraging a naughty attitude?

NZminilops wrote:
TThey were so playful just now. Rat people, is it ok to let them play wrestle with my fingers? Or is that encouraging a naughty attitude?
Hand Wreeeeestiiiiin'.....totally fine! If they are letting you do this, they must think of you as their mommy! They must trust you, for sure. I love to hand wrestle with Spice, but now she has her babies...I can't wait to hand wrestle with them! It is so fun, lol!

Some rats, mostly females I have found, will chase after your hand and tackle it if you drag it all crazy like across the floor.

Oh that's good, because it was fun to wrestle with them :D. They'll lay on their backs and let me tickle their tummies, then they'll wrestle my finger a bit and run away then run back. They popcorn around like little mexican jumping beans.

I've heard that girls are a bit more active and playful, but I like lazy pets so that's ok with me.

Right now they are the only thing keeping me cheerful so I'm glad they can trust me and play.

NZminilops wrote:
Oh that's good, because it was fun to wrestle with them :D. They'll lay on their backs and let me tickle their tummies, then they'll wrestle my finger a bit and run away then run back. They popcorn around like little mexican jumping beans.

I've heard that girls are a bit more active and playful, but I like lazy pets so that's ok with me.

Right now they are the only thing keeping me cheerful so I'm glad they can trust me and play.

Rats will always keep you cheerful, even when they do get sick and appear to be on their death beds. My boys are so precious to me in their old age. I love boys because they get *squishy* and lazy. My Spartan is soooo big that I can only handle him with 2 hands AND his loose skin still pours down over my hands :p.

Girls are more active, which is why I personally think they are better for people who are active. Boys are great for lazy people :D! Girls remind me of jittery little bugs because their eyes pop out of their heads a lot when they get excited, and you can see their gorgeous blue coloring in their eyes...lol! Girls are just so spazzy, but they are fun, as well.

Latest posts

Back