Help me name my new baby!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelsey Paige

Reaction score
Hi guys!!
I currently have a lionhead named Blu and I’m adopting a lop male. Help me name him :) His picture is below!
I want something that’s goes with Blu and nothing cutsie! Thanks all !!
- Kelsey

upload_2019-5-10_11-23-0.jpeg

The thought that came to my mind was 'Shadows' (from the song Blue Shadows on the Trail).

Are you hoping to bond the 2 rabbits? Are they both neutered?

The thought that came to my mind was 'Shadows' (from the song Blue Shadows on the Trail).

Are you hoping to bond the 2 rabbits? Are they both neutered?

Blu is spayed :) and once the lop is old enough I will be getting him neutered! I am hoping to bond them :)

Oh. I see. Since you are new to the forum, I don't know if you are aware of the following...

Buying a baby rabbit (not fixed) is the riskiest way to try to find a bondmate for your current rabbit. Baby 'bonds' don't count as all that changes with the onset of hormones. The process of bonding cannot begin until after he is neutered.

If the two decide to not get along, you will be stuck. If you are willing to house each of them separately for the next 10 years, that's fine. But if that really isn't something you want to do, then getting a baby is definitely not the way to go.

The only way to ensure you wind up with a compatible bondmate for your girl is to have her meet other already-fixed rabbits to pre-screen for potential compatibility. Even then, there are no guarantees. But at least with this process, (through a rabbit rescue that has fixed rabbits) if one potential bondmate does not work out, you can exchange him for another until you find a working match.

Here on RO, we've heard this story many a time-- where a baby is bought to bond with another rabbit and, once hormones kick in, all of that changes and the rabbits end up incompatible. Happens more often than you'll want to know.

Wanted to let you know all this, not to discourage you but to be sure you are fully aware of what you would be getting into if you decide to continue with getting a baby. There is always the possibility that the two rabbits won't get along and if you are not ok with that, would you be content with keeping them separate?

Here is some more information on bonding rabbits that would be good to read especially before you pick up a 2nd bunny.

Latest posts

Back