Help me identify my baby boy.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket'smommy

Reaction score
B3862658-4871-43CC-88E9-48620AC3933B.jpeg Hey guys I recently became the mommy to a beautiful baby boy. He is a holland lop he is 8 weeks old. The breeder said he was a holland lop. Today when I went back to get some supplies from her I saw her daddy he was quite big which made me worry that my baby was a mini lop. I asked the breeder she is very reputable in my area and she assured me my baby was a holland. It’s crazy because my baby was the smallest of the litter. He is such a fluffy little guy. Can you guys help me ??

Thanks for your time y’all

Attachments

• 5D5CBA69-E035-444B-BB21-CC71AEE33731.jpeg
    5D5CBA69-E035-444B-BB21-CC71AEE33731.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 4
Looks like a holland to me (also of note: that color tends to be extremely common in holland lops but is rather uncommon in mini lops)

It might be his dad dosen’t have the dwarf genes which made him look bigger than a normal holland lop.

It’s common to breed a false dwarf with a dwarf to make sure not to get peanuts kit [emoji4]

View attachment 40377 Hey guys I recently became the mommy to a beautiful baby boy. He is a holland lop he is 8 weeks old. The breeder said he was a holland lop. Today when I went back to get some supplies from her I saw her daddy he was quite big which made me worry that my baby was a mini lop. I asked the breeder she is very reputable in my area and she assured me my baby was a holland. It’s crazy because my baby was the smallest of the litter. He is such a fluffy little guy. Can you guys help me ??

Thanks for your time y’all

Just like what Hermelin said, there’s something called false dwarf and true dwarf. True dwarfs are the ones that do best in show (not over the weight limit, compact body type) and falses are either pets or they can be matched with a true in breeding to make a half and half litter of trues and falses. Many breeders use two trues for breeding so they don’t get and “pet” rabbits but they do get something called a peanut, there’s usually only one in a litter and they always die. Peanuts get two dwarf genes when they’re only supposed to have one.
Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back