Help me guess my rabbit's age/breed!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently got a new bunny to accompany my older rabbit Kit (don't worry, he is a total sweetheart). The breeder I got him/her from was clearly not a very good one, unfortunately. He tried to tell me that Bean is 7 weeks, and I'm having a VERY hard time believing him.

Now maybe I'm just crazy, but I got my other rabbit Kit at 5 weeks and he was a LOT bigger than bean is now.

beanpfp.jpg

Some important facts:
  • Full coat
  • Ears and eyes open (obviously)
  • Very active and curious
  • .375lbs
  • Still trying to nurse. Regularly checks my male rabbit for nipples and tries to nurse latch onto fingertips.
  • I think Bean is a female, but she's so small that I'm going to resex her when she's larger to make sure.
  • Currently feeding her alfalfa hay, formula twice a day, as well as juvenile rabbit pellets.

Of course, I am scheduling her a vet appointment for either tomorrow or the next day to get a professional's opinion. But, until then, entertain me?

Attachments

• AC2D2202-1405-4F51-AB77-86076DFC09D3.jpeg
    AC2D2202-1405-4F51-AB77-86076DFC09D3.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 801712C1-3095-420B-83EA-920B23E0F2CF.jpeg
    801712C1-3095-420B-83EA-920B23E0F2CF.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 5D61F3B5-B9A1-4D78-8D76-B02ACB906D9F.jpeg
    5D61F3B5-B9A1-4D78-8D76-B02ACB906D9F.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 9
I mean I knew dwarves were really small, but I've only ever seen my Dutch and larger rabbits in person.

I didn't realise baby dwarves were like the size of actual hamsters.

That bunny looks very small. Like 3 - 5 weeks old at most, but could just be a dwarf. I still doubt the baby is 7 weeks, since she keeps trying to nurse. I would also mix some cecetropes with her formula; very important that babies get them.

You are doing a great job, and she is so precious❤❤

That bunny looks very small. Like 3 - 5 weeks old at most, but could just be a dwarf. I still doubt the baby is 7 weeks, since she keeps trying to nurse. I would also mix some cecetropes with her formula; very important that babies get them.

You are doing a great job, and she is so precious❤❤

I've been trying to hunt down some of Kit's but he usually eats them immediately. :(

I would put your kit at 5-6 weeks. I went back and looked at some pics or our past Polish litters to get a better idea. The kit may have just been weaned because, honestly, our kits would try the same thing when our does were weaning them.

You need to give her plenty of hay and slowly move her over to the pellets the breeder was using. He should’ve given you some.

Hopefully, your vet is rabbit savvy because otherwise, I wouldn’t put a lot of faith in his/her opinion.

I would put your kit at 5-6 weeks. I went back and looked at some pics or our past Polish litters to get a better idea. The kit may have just been weaned because, honestly, our kits would try the same thing when our does were weaning them.

You need to give her plenty of hay and slowly move her over to the pellets the breeder was using. He should’ve given you some.

Hopefully, your vet is rabbit savvy because otherwise, I wouldn’t put a lot of faith in his/her opinion.

I recently moved so I'm taking her to someone new tomorrow. He seems to have really good reviews. Fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Back