Help me find an exercise pen?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snap

Reaction score
I have three buns...and one exercise pen. It's movable, so it goes inside and outside depending on who is using it. But I feel bad, making them all share between one. It cuts down on their exercise time. :c

The one I have now is a really nice dog pen, it folds out to a pretty decent size but it weighs about 40 lbs and it's such a hassle to move! It also cost about $90. :/

I'm looking for one that's lighter, movable and possibly cheap. I'd be willing to make one, if I knew what to make it out of!

Help?

I use NIC panels to build a run. I zip tie them together so that they are two high (about 28 inches). I wouldn't use them outside if the buns weren't supervised though.

The NIC run works great and I can get a pretty decent size with two boxes (about $30 at $15 per box).

I use the NIC panels to make pens, too. One box has 20-something panels in it, so a run from one box would be 10+ panels long (which is 140 inches, or 11-ish feet long). Mind you, that is one box, and is two panels high. That is also how long it is, overall (not bent around to make a pen).

I hope that makes sense? I find them at Target for $15-$20 per box.

If you buy NIC panels at Target, be aware that the "new" style has panels with 2 different sizes of holes in them. You'll probably want to use the panels with the smaller holes at the bottom, so your buns can't go through, or get stuck in the larger holes.

Using the NIC panels would probably be the least expensive option, and are quite flexible. You can disconnect them, and re-arrange them if your needs change. I wouldn't use them unsupervised out of doors, though.

I wanted to add about the new NIC at target if you take 3.

You can make one square that is safe.

Take the first one then take the second one and make the squares half each other then Twist tie them together now the square are the same width as the small one then take the 3rd sqare and half the other two lenth wise.

The squares would be the same size as the small ones and you could use the large ones. it would take 3 square to make one but at least you can use them. And not wait your money.

kherrmann3 wrote:
I believe they call them Organize It!. They are in the "Home Organization" section. :)
These go on sale pretty frequently. Watch your local ads for the sales, they're usually pictured with some wire shelves.
I don't think they're normally on the website, but they are in the stores with the home organization stuff.

BethM wrote:
If you buy NIC panels at Target, be aware that the "new" style has panels with 2 different sizes of holes in them. You'll probably want to use the panels with the smaller holes at the bottom, so your buns can't go through, or get stuck in the larger holes.

Using the NIC panels would probably be the least expensive option, and are quite flexible. You can disconnect them, and re-arrange them if your needs change. I wouldn't use them unsupervised out of doors, though.
Haha, these buns are about 8-9 lbs and expected to be about 11-12 lbs when they stop growing. It would have to be a pretty big hole for them to get through. XD

I like Revverress's idea. They are definitely not jumper buns, but we put three window screens resting on a strip of wood((and held down by a brick)) over the cage anyway to keep away hawks. The cheapness is definitely good...I could convince my mother to get two and have both buns run at once((they're not fixed yet...another thing I have to convince her to do)).

The NIC idea I've thought of, but I'm scared it could fall when they put their weight on it. :/

Latest posts

Back