Help! Matted bunny in pet shop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisisfliss

Reaction score
I need some advice. This little guy was in my pet shop this evening as I went to get the bunnies some more hay.

The rabbits always look in good condition there and all the others did, but this little guy looked super unhappy and had little matts and a slight bald patch on his neck.

What can I do? Address my concern with them? View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1425592435.284809.jpg

I'm going to go back in today and have a look at the little bun

I think the first port of call if you're concerned about the welfare, is just to mention it to the shop manager. Say you're concerned about the matting and the possibility of it getting worse. If they don't address the issue, then you'll need to look at something else, though I'm not really sure what. Doesn't look to bad in the photo, but it's very hard to tell from a photo what that fur is like underneath. Let us know how it goes :)

His neck was bare too. I spoke to one of the members of staff and they were getting him checked out as I left.

My local rabbit rescue where I got Dali from gave me some good advice- she said firstly it's the pet shops responsibility to change things and then if they don't you can consider taking action. She also said these guys are good for advice:

http://www.actionforrabbits.co.uk/

Loll check on him on Monday. The pet shop are very good usually so I'm not too concerned now.

Latest posts

Back