Help liter training?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony707

Reaction score
I recently adopted a 3rd bunny, and while the bonding is finally finished with all 3 of them, now I cant figure out how to liter train them.
My first bunny I adopted from a humane society at 10 weeks old, maybe she was already trained cause she wasnt hard at all. The other two on the other hand, will not get trained. They use the bathroom in the liter box, and it's obvious. But unlike with the first one, there is still rabbit droppings all over the floor. Currently the first one (almost a year old) has her own liter box and the other smaller two are sharing one. Would maybe getting 3 separate liter boxes help?

How recent have they been at the home? It sounds like there is likely much territory marking going on which is typical when a new rabbit comes home. It is also common when there is new bonding going on and they are still sorting out hierarchy or territory. This can take quite a bit longer with 3 rabbits then it would for just a pair.

How recent have they been at the home? It sounds like there is likely much territory marking going on which is typical when a new rabbit comes home. It is also common when there is new bonding going on and they are still sorting out hierarchy or territory. This can take quite a bit longer with 3 rabbits then it would for just a pair.
Blake, the oldest, is fully trained and fine. Alyx, has been here for nearly 5 months and still hasn't fully adapted to using the litter box. And the last one is only been here a month but I'm realizing its more of Alyx than him thats the issue.

Latest posts

Back