HELP!...ITS URGENT!...RABBIT BLEEDING...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silky

Reaction score
My rabbit recovered from mites and cold last week. From yesterday, blood oozes out when he tries to eat anything. He can take fluids in small amount, only 5-10 ml in one go after which bleeding starts again. He is not able to eat any solid food. Bleeding occurs only when he eats. Vet not here.
I have attached photos as well.
Please suggest what I should do in such situation!

Attachments

• New Doc 08-07-2021 19.03.13_2.jpg
    New Doc 08-07-2021 19.03.13_2.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 12
  • New Doc 08-07-2021 19.03.13_1.jpg
    New Doc 08-07-2021 19.03.13_1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Did the vet have a close look at his mouth and teeth? Fluids alone won't keep him going if he doesn't start to eat something sooner or later, not eating for 24h can become an emergency by itself. You might have to force feed if he doesn't eat by himself.
Did you get pain relief for him? If pain keeps him from eating I would hope that could help somewhat.
A full body x-ray isn't what would have crossed my mind as priority, first the point where that blood comes from needs to be found and adressed, my guess would be a wound in the mouth or/and a dental issue.

Then there's the question what he is recovering from, rabbits don't get a "cold". There are quite some other causes for cold like symptoms, I don't know if there could be a connection to the bleeding.

Good luck.

Did the vet have a close look at his mouth and teeth? Fluids alone won't keep him going if he doesn't start to eat something sooner or later, not eating for 24h can become an emergency by itself. You might have to force feed if he doesn't eat by himself.
Did you get pain relief for him? If pain keeps him from eating I would hope that could help somewhat.
A full body x-ray isn't what would have crossed my mind as priority, first the point where that blood comes from needs to be found and adressed, my guess would be a wound in the mouth or/and a dental issue.

Then there's the question what he is recovering from, rabbits don't get a "cold". There are quite some other causes for cold like symptoms, I don't know if there could be a connection to the bleeding.

Good luck.
Yes, the vet checked his mouth but found nothing. The X-ray is to check if there is anything sharp stuck in guts which may be the reason of bleeding, since we didn't find anything in mouth.
He only shows sign of pain when bleeding starts. He did eat solid food today but, in very small amount (size of a pea), and sat in a corner for 4-5 minutes after that.

About the cold and bleeding, I think I should get this checked!

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back