Help! Is this normal for a neuter??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I took my bunny, Ollie, into the vet this morning to be neutered. A few hours after I brought him home I noticed a small amount of blood and called the vet. She ensured me this was normal and I ended up getting him a cone as he was very interested in that area. However, it seems to be swollen now and I am worried that there is something wrong. The first picture was a couple of hours after his surgery and it has become slightly more swollen since then.

Attachments

• IMG_7015.JPG
    IMG_7015.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 9
I've never had any blood show up with my neuters, except maybe a tiny bit right on the incision. Check the incision(s) and make sure they are still closed. If the incision has been chewed open, call your vet, as the incision will need to be reclosed and your rabbit put on antibiotics. If it's the scrotal sacs that are swollen, yes it can be normal to some extent. But if you have any concerns best to ask your vet. Maybe you could email, or text them a picture so they have a better idea of what's actually going on.

Latest posts

Back