Help in preparing for a BIG SHOW???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I am so excited that we are going to Lionhead Nationals in May (Columbus, OH) - but I'm also feeling overwhelmed. It could be because I have over 40 babies to sell/take to the show - along with my show herd.ARG! (Oh yeah...and dealing with due does, etc).

I am open to any suggestions y'all might have to help me be organized. Here is what I'm doing so far (I have to get registered by Friday night).

a. Set up a notebook w/ pedigrees for those I'm selling -organzied by color first then sex. IE:Black: JR Does, SR Does, Jr Bucks, Sr Bucks, then Fawn - same thing.. There will be a post it note on all unsold animals(preshow) with the price....

b. Getting a database together for the carriers so we don't have to cart black rabbits to one end and sable points to another end...only to then cart another carrier of 2 black rabbits to the first end and then the sable points to another end (ie. all junior blacks together, all sr. blacks together, etc)

I know I need to bring water and food for the show (Fri - Sun plus trip up and back - although they'll probably eat hay on the 24 hour drive each way).

Should I bring along some "revitalize" stuff to add to their water? I'm bringing tap water from home for them....but I'm worried about stress.

There were 357 lionheads at the show last year - I'm guessing there will be more this year since I know I'm breeding around 25-40...and another new breeder is bringing a bunch too.

Peg

I like to have Nutri Cal with me in case the rabbits stop eating as well as little carrots to help the rabbits stay hydrated. I also add some rolled oats to their feed. Electrolytes in the water is also a good idea.

All rabbits in the showroom must actually be entered in the show.

Rabbits entered in the Saturday shows are required to be cooped. No carriers in aisles. (Firecode) Many people also "zip tie" theircoops shut overnight. (be sure to bring something to cut the ties off).

Fancy cage lables to promote your rabbitry :)

Snacks (food there is expensive and not much to choose from).

The judges conference on Friday evening is open to everyone -- very educational!

Pam

Pam,

I have several lionheads I'm debating about bringing to the Sat.show. They are harlequins, brokens, etc. - they would be more for the pet market than the "breeder" market - I know a lot of breeders buy at Nationals.

I was going to keep them in my hotel room and then enter my harlequins as "black" and then scratch the entry that Sunday morning...broken torts as "tort" and scratch the entry...etc.

My question is....if you were me - would you enter them Sat & Sun both? Or just Sunday?

Peg

If they are scratches, just enter the cheaper show : ) I would still go ahead and coop them in the showroom.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
If they are scratches, just enter the cheaper show : ) Iwould still go ahead and coop them in the showroom.

Pam

Thanks Pam! For Lionhead Nationals - in order to be cooped - they must be entered in the show - so I can enter them and scratch them.

I'm working on my list so I can get it to the lionhead show regsitrar - must be postmarked by Sat.

Peg

Just my opinion - but if you are going to enter them in the show, just to scratch them, why not let them be shown. They are going to get DQed anyway for being unrecognized varieties but at least you get to hear what the judge has to say about them. You are paying for them to be "in the show".

Latest posts

Back