Help identifying my new baby bun! Rex? Satin?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babybun

Reaction score
Hi everybunny! It's been a long time, but Winston recently got a new somebunny! Her name is Dahlia and we're not sure what breed she is, or how big she will get. I want to make sure that they'll both have plenty of room once she's fully grown.

The person we got her from said that she was a rex/lionhead mix, but she shows no sign of lionhead? We were told that she was 9 weeks at the time, but she's about 11 weeks old now. From what I've been told, standard rex's are a medium breed, so I was expecting her to be a little bigger than what Winston was when he was a little bun!

Tried the "What breed is my bunny" key, but I'm still unsure! She's pretty tiny right now, and her coat isn't super velvety. Pretty light and almost "wispy"?Any guesses?

DSC_4013.jpg

DSC_4246.jpg

DSC_4094.jpg

Oh, I forgotten about hotots! She does have the classic eyeliner look! Her ears might be too long to be just hotot, so maybe a rex/hotot mix? Maybe some dwarf in her too? I'm just worried that if she's supposed to be bigger, that there's something wrong! She seems perfectly happy and healthy though.

Found this random picture on the internet, and it's very similar to Dahlia's markings and coat!
mini-lop-x-netherland-dwarf-523b56b59d016.JPG

definately dwarf hotot there by the looks of it. Rex, I don't think so, the fur doesn't match up, neither do the whiskers. I'd say Netherland dwarf and hotot to me. Either way, she is absolutely adorable!!! Wintson looks happy to have a lil sweetheart!

Thanks for the help! I think you guys are right about the hotot, and probably being a dwarf too! That's good, and now I can worry less about her being so small compared to Winston when he was her age!

She would look awesome with a mohawk! :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back