Help! I dropped my rabbit.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate7654

Reaction score
Two days ago I picked up my rabbit Bella after playtime to put her back in her cage. She flailed and jump out of my arms and landed and her back. She fell about 4 feet. After that she hopped away just fine. She’s been hopping all normal running around like crazy and completely being herself except for one thing. She keeps peeing and it gets all over her back end. Is this a just a coincidence? Her poop is completely normal and she’s eating and drinking like normal. Should I be concerned? Thanks

I would recommend going to vet. Part of what prevents rabbits from urinating on themselves is their bottom arching when peeing. If she fell on her back, she may have something in distress preventing her from flexing her back properly. I'll also say regardless of her being dropped, wetting herself is a new, abnormal behavior and seeing a vet would be wise.

Ok thanks. I called my vet. I forgot to mention that she is pregnant and that could also be part of it. They said don’t bother taking her in unless something changes. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back