Help!!! I don’t have straw for my rabbits nestbox!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyCrazy

Reaction score
My Mini Lop doe is due to kindle in a few days and today I’m putting in the nestbox. I’ve been trying to get a bale of straw but I haven’t been able to and won’t be able to until after she kindles!! (It’s complicated) Should I just like it with alfalfa hay? I’m worried that she’ll eat it instead of making a nest:( Is there something else around the house that I could use? Thanks you guys:)

Sorry nobody got back to you! How is she doing? Are the babies okay? Can you send some pictures?

She is doing ok:) She has not kindled yet but she looks ready to explode! She has made her nest and lined it with fur and seems ready but still no babies... I don't have any current pictures but there are some older pictures of her on my bunny blog:) her name is Patty:)

I hope she does good kindling! When the babies are here please send some pictures! I'm absolutely obsessed with baby rabbits!

It's fine for them to use whatever hay/straw is available. It doesn't have to be a particular type, as long as it's clean and dry it's good.

Patty’s kits were born this morning!!! There are seven and they all seem healthy except for one who is very tiny and skinny... I will try to post pictures later:):)

Yay! I would make sure that the little one is eating lots! Can't wait to see pictures!

Patty’s kits were born this morning!!! There are seven and they all seem healthy except for one who is very tiny and skinny... I will try to post pictures later:):)
Yay congrats! I would love to have one !!D: Make sure the tiny skinny one is getting enough of his moms milk btw she’s so cute! I love Holland/ mini lops!

Thanks you guys:) I ended up holding the mom so the tiny one could eat but it didn't seem interested:( It is really small and skinny and red... All the others are nice and fat and squirming:) I will try to get some pictures up really soon...
Yay congrats! I would love to have one !!D: Make sure the tiny skinny one is getting enough of his moms milk btw she’s so cute! I love Holland/ mini lops!
Well, we will sell them eventually! So if you're ever in the area you can get one! Lol...

Thanks you guys:) I ended up holding the mom so the tiny one could eat but it didn't seem interested:( It is really small and skinny and red... All the others are nice and fat and squirming:) I will try to get some pictures up really soon...

Well, we will sell them eventually! So if you're ever in the area you can get one! Lol...
Awh just keep trying he/she will eventually eat soon:) and yes! I’d love to see some pictures of the babies and I’m in California ): sadly

Thanks:) The little one seemed a lot stronger this morning:) I brought the mama in and held her so he/she could eat some more and he/she seemed a lot stronger after that:):) The rest of the kits are fine and already look bigger! They grow sooo fast! I haven't been able to get any pictures yet but I will soon! :):)

My house rabbit had a litter today, she only started pulling out fur minutes before she gave birth. I didn’t even know she was pregnant. We now have 4 dear little bunnies.

Latest posts

Back