Help: how to bond with my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubby

Reaction score
Hi, i brought a bunny 4 month ago and I still cant get him come to me if I don't have food.
I don't pick him up and I let him come to me and have his space (he can get in and out the cage freely) . He doesn't seem scared because he does come and sit on me when I give him treats (carrots) and he flops and sleeps near me. I also spend a lot of time sitting on the floor near him.
I'd be happy to get some tips on how to bond with him.
P.s this is not my first bunny but this one seems a bit of a lonner.

Just time, and patience. Some bunnies take longer than others, to build that relationship. It sounds like it is progressing well. For him to flop near you, does show a good amount of comfort and trust on his part. Just keep at it.

https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-with-your-bunny.html
Any chance he could be hard of hearing?

Thanks for your reply, I don't think he's hard hearing because he responses to sounds. Moreover he sits on me while i hand feeds him ,but the second he finishes eating he immediately walk away.

I have had my 3 rabbits for over a year now. they come up to me and have a sniff and then they are off again. ( they charge and growl at strangers!) but I dont mind too much and am happy just sitting in their run and watching their antics. Like your one, if I have a treat they come up closer, but they dont flop down near me so sounds like your one is getting to be very trusting

Latest posts

Back