Help - Has my bunny been neutered?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopsicles

Reaction score
I adopted my netherland dwarf bunny a month ago from his former owner who is not able to take care of him anymore. His former owner told me that she is certain that the bunny is neutered, however, I just found out that he may still have his testicles. Nevertheless, his behaviour is not hormonal at all. He doesn't spray his urine everywhere, he uses his litter box well, he is not protective of his playpen, he doesn't seem to have any sexual behaviours, and he doesn't smell at all. So I wonder if he is really neutered or he is just an unneutered rabbit with a very good personality?
Pillow1.jpgPillow2.jpgPillow3.jpg

He is not neutered... and it's awesome that he's not displaying hormonal buck behaviors! I had an awesome boy rabbit who was never neutered and grew out of his crazy boy behavior at around four years old (he was never too bad, always sweet, and very friendly, but he had a very obnoxious urine spraying phase). He was ALWAYS a champ with the litterbox (except for the urine spraying). It sounds like you've found an unneutered boy with a great personality.

Depending on how long you've had him, some hormonal buck behaviors may emerge once he is more comfortable in his own home or due to some kind of environmental trigger, so it is a good idea to look into potentially getting him neutered to prevent any such twists or so you're ready if you consider getting him a friend, as he'll need to be neutered before getting a bond.

Latest posts

Back