Help! Gnats everywhere!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMama32

Reaction score
Recently in the last week to week and a half I have had hundreds of gnats in and around my 2 bunnies cages I've been scooping poo every day and recently put out apple cider vinegar mixture that has helped reduce them but there still terrorizing my bunnies and my Family. And suggestions or tips welcome, thank you in advance

Need to do a total clean out of their environment/housing. As you clean it, you may find where most of them are coming from ... possibly bedding, food, soiled hay.

Put the bunnies somewhere else while you completely empty and clean out their entire cage. Wipe it down. Check anything that you put in -- any hay, any new bedding, etc.

That's what we did yesterday, we took the cages outside and deep cleaned then throwing everything out and put fresh everything back in. It seemed like they were in the poo.

Yes there is bedding/shavings in there sleeping area, they like snuggling down into it. And there is a layer of hav on top of the crumpled paper that they sit and eat while they poo.

Latest posts

Back