Help! Doe has no interest!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StaceyCreese

Reaction score
Hi,

I might be wrong, could it be that she's rather on the plump side? Could be a reason for not taking at previous attempts. When did she build the nests, about 2 weeks in?
Also how is her housing? A lot of light is said to help to get them in the mood, spending time outsides and even leaving the light on for a week.

One of my does wasn't etnthusiastic either this year, I let that breeding doe pair out in the garden with the buck for 3 weeks and he also spent some nights with them in their hutch, one took pretty soon, the second litter came 3 weeks apart.
If that works depends on the rabbits personalities, a grumpy, dominant doe can start a fight.

Ah, wait, she fell off? Never seen that - humping, yes, a lot. Well, with a nestbuilding history it's pretty sure she really is a girl :D. Anyway, as far as I can tell that's more a sign that she worries more about hierachy than being eager to breed, some bucks can be put off pretty badly that way.

One of my does kept attacking the buck at the first tries to breed her, what worked was that I stuffed both into a small cardboard box laying on it's side, just big enough to fit in like sardines, and guarded the open side and didn't let them get out for ten minutes, that obviously distracted her few brain cells enough to get the deed done.

It definitely could be that she's on the plump side. Rabbits are even slightly overweight often have no interest in breeding and/or low fertility

Latest posts

Back