Help! Did she open her wound?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
I can’t see if she’s eating cecotropes, grooming herself, or if she’s messing with the wound. I couldn’t take a clear picture, she keeps moving, so I took a video, then took a screenshot from the video. I don’t see blood on the pee pads or blankets, does her wound look okay? i sent it to the vet and he said to apply fucidin, he didn't say anything else , i don't know how to hold her to put it without hurting her😭
AC38A95D-9D14-4E44-9788-08B1BE66C21E.png

does this look normal? i looked up photos, there were ones that looked the same, but i also saw ones that didn't. i'm getting worried. When I looked closer, it was open, but closed from the inside, the vet said that if I apply fucidin for a week it’s going to close. But I can’t touch it! It hurts her and as soon as i put it she would try to lick it and bite it, and I couldn’t put the cone on her, she fought and kicked, she scratched me and my mom and ran away, she was starting to get scared so I gave her a piece of cucumber as an apology. What should I do guys? i can't apply anything on it, will it heal by itself?

Attachments

• 39E992B3-E6B4-4F61-BF5D-ABCF7ADC9784.png
    39E992B3-E6B4-4F61-BF5D-ABCF7ADC9784.png
    500.8 KB · Views: 3
It looks like shes been licking it. She needs to wear a cone.
You cant let your rabbit run your life. Put a cone on and put the cream on as per what the vet said. She also shouldn't be able to run away because she should be confined until she heals.
The vet said that after 24 hours I can let her live her life normally, I didn’t listen to him and kept her in the cage, but I let her out for an hour after 48 hours, even when she’s in the cage it’s very difficult to put the cone, especially because of the surgery, I don’t want to hold her and make it worse, my mom tried, while I put the cone, her hands were in the way and she kept shaking her legs, I tried to put it while feeding her, she ran backwards. Tell me how can I put it safely without injuring her and I’ll do it

She should be confined for 2 weeks not 2 days.
Burrito her if youre having issues. But its a cone. You slip it over their head while theyre in front of you on the floor. She should be able to back out because youre behind her.
You're a human. Shes a rabbit. Just put it on.
Putting a soft collar on her would be alot easier, I made one without socks, but it’s a little bit heavy is that okay? also when i first got her i wanted to put a collar on her, and when i looked it up they said that we shouldn't put collars on rabbits because they might injure themselves while trying to take it out, so wouldn't she injure herself while trying to take this one out?

She should be confined for 2 weeks not 2 days.
Burrito her if youre having issues. But its a cone. You slip it over their head while theyre in front of you on the floor. She should be able to back out because youre behind her.
You're a human. Shes a rabbit. Just put it on.
Help! I’m really sorry, I’m trying my best, the vet redid her stitches, and put bandage on it,when she woke up she pooped and started eating, she’s doing well, the only problem is that she’s trying to take the bandage off, she’s chewing on it and I’m worried that she would take it off and reopen the wound, i successfully put the cone on her, she paused for a few seconds, then she started jumping and running, the cage isn’t big, and because of the anesthesia, she keeps falling, kicking, and throwing herself, she looked like she was drowning and doing gymnastics at the same time, I tried to ignore that but I couldn’t, she also fell into her water bowl, I took the cone off, I don’t want the wound to reopen, I cut off a long piece of cloth and tried to wrap it over the bandage, I’m not sure if it’s going to last. If there’s anything else I can do please tell me. I tried the soft collar, if it’s as small as her neck, it wouldn’t fit her head, and if I make it a bit bigger, it fits her head, but she would be able to take it off.

If she is able to take it off then its not on properly. She needs a cone.
If you have to put a cat harness on her (a properly fitting one) and attach the cone to that then do that.
Soft collars go around the neck and are bulky enough to prevent them from bending around to reach.

Latest posts

Back