Help! Diagnose this young rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just returned from Seoul a few minutes ago. I'm so sorry but he did not make it. I got the call while riding the subway from the hospital that he had a weak heart beat and they told me it was an emergency. I was already on the way there and when I got there, they told me he had died just a minute or so before I arrived. He was laying on the table, half covered in a blanket and the vet nurse was very sad with tears in her eyes also explaining what happened.

The cause of death is not really known, but it is believe not to be as a result of the eye infection, but due to his general health/condition which was getting worse each day. He had stopped eating or eating regularly about 5 days ago when I had him at my workplace and was giving him oral antibiotic. I stopped giving it to him when I saw it was robbing him of his appetite just like the amoxicillin did a week previous. He didn't much at all during the 2 days prior to sending him to the big city hospital. Then while he was hospitalized for 3 days there, they had given all sorts of food but he hardly ate...maybe only sparingly and they said they tried to syringe feed him too but he wouldn't eat still. Combined with the fact that he was under extreme stress during these days (the travelling, the examination, the new environment at the hospital), I believe he died of a heart failure. He was breathing really fast during the ride and I'm sure his heart rate didn't settle down during the 3 days there too.

So he did not have to go through with the surgery or anything else, which I was visiting there today to pay for anyways. As a result, I have refunded all the donations made to me back to you and truly appreciate and thank all of you for your support and help in this time. It's been stressful for me too, but having received such generous and caring support from people I don't even know from all over the world, means so much to me.

Maybe his story is a bit of a sad ending, but maybe it's a good thing he's now no longer suffering and I believe there is an afterlife where I can see them again one day and they'll know me and I'll remember them.

I think I will take a break now from these forums......it's been such a rollercoaster of emotions and now that everything has been taken out of my hands and it's a done issue, I can just sort of let it go and put everything at peace now. Thank you all so much again for your time, patience, support, and everything else you did to help me through this. It means a lot to know there is a such a loving community of animal (rabbit) lovers out there who care this much.

God bless you all.

This is the last picture of him....he was already dead when I arrived but his eye was open and I was petting him the whole time while talking with the vet.

mm511c.jpg

I had made a "in memory of" video for Lucky Star (his son) when he died back in March.....i don't think I can stomach making another one but I thought I'd just share the quick
video I made for him....as images and videos of dad rabbit too and pics of mom rabbit (before she died also 1 year ago). The ending in korean just means that i will miss them so much and one day in heaven I will see them again and bring them lots of yummy and delicious food for them again (like I did during their time on earth). I fed them for almost 3 years every day.

In Memory Video (repeat from Lucky Star)

I am heartbroken, and I can't even imagine how you feel cornflakes. I know its not much comfort at this point in time, but I bet Dilly knew you were working so hard to help him. He just had such a long way to go from the start he was given. The efforts you made and the compassion you showed to Dilly, all in a foreign place, with all kinds of obstacles, was truly "Spartan" like. Thank you for all your work - you earned my respect long ago.

Ah I'm so sorry. It was a tough battle but atleast he knew true love and kindness before he went.

I have just read this whole post, you are such a lovely person to care for this rabbit and to try and do anything to help him, I would do the same, as I have just rescued three bunnies and 2 have had babies and now have 14 bunnies and I am spending my own money on them until I can find homes for them.
You did your best to try and help him, at least he did not suffer.
The world needs more people like you. I am so sorry he did not make it but happy you tried to help him.

Take care

I'm so very sorry about the dad bun. It really seemed like he was going to have a chance, but the stress of being sick is sometimes just too hard on rabbits. You did all you could for him, and in very difficult circumstances.

I fully expect to see the pets I've loved and lost, one day too. I'm sure dad bun and Lucky Star will be waiting there for you, to thank you for caring about them and trying to help, when no one else did.

Thank you everyone for your responses. You guys are so wonderful and I only hope that each of you will blessed and filled with happiness each and everyday with your own respective rabbits and pets. Although it has been really trying at times for me mentally, physically, and emotionally, I will always remember the enormous outpouring of generous people here who took the time to give love and support for me and the rabbit(s).

Wow, I was amazed to know that this thread/experience that I went through back in 2013 is still available. It's been 7 years since but I always remember this because it was my first experience with rabbits. Today I still have one of the rabbits from my old school with me. She was rescued at 2 days old when abandoned by the mother in winter and would have froze to death. I took her home, hand raised her and now she's 3 and half years old, her name is Samy (some pics). But these days I have been rescuing/feeding/caring for street cats / homeless cats and occasionally a street/homeless puppy. I've successfully saved 4 of them and found them homes. If it is ok to share, you can follow my journey on tiktok @ tddongtv

I just thought it's so amazing this thread was still here and I have so many fond memories of how it all started for me, right here in this forum. Not sure if anyone here even remembers me! Bless you everyone and take good care...you're all so loving and generous and I never forgot that experience in all these years.

Attachments

• SnapShot_200218_232724.jpg
    SnapShot_200218_232724.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 6
  • SnapShot_190520_222939.jpg
    SnapShot_190520_222939.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 6
  • SnapShot_201108_000557.jpg
    SnapShot_201108_000557.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 5
Of course I remember you! I don't think I could ever forget this journey of yours with the dad bun and his son. I'm glad to see you have a rabbit in your life. I'm sure with hand raising your little bun, that you must have a really close bond with her. Anyways, glad to see you back and hope you stick around.

Latest posts

Back