Help: Chewing Plastic Part of Cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-man

Reaction score
I'm new here, we have my rabbit in a cage purchased from a pet store. The cage has a plastic base and she has been constantly chewing the plastic to the point where the rim all the way around is almost completely chewed up. We have tried letting her out more often, we have tried the bitter apple spray, and nothing seems to work. She is not litter trained which is why we keep her in this cage still, as it holds her bedding. Anyone have any suggestions for this?

Yes, you can make an extra wall of a cardboard, just fully cover back and sides of the cage floor to top. Remove all tape and stickers any glued parts off cardboard and make sure there's no print on it. This works pretty well for my rabbits, also you can fix some wooden shelf or something in places where she likes to chew, I am pretty sure wood is more tasty than plastic and she will probably switch her attention to it. She should I mean.
I'll get some pics for you a bit later, also if you can post some photo of your setup and your rabbit we love photos and will tell you more

Latest posts

Back