Help!!...Buns Went Crazy, WHY???....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSassy

Reaction score
I tore down my huge NIC cage in the living room and built 2 smaller cages so I could bring Roscoe and Suzi into the living room too. So I brought them out. They all were trying to smell each other. The cages were about 5 inches away from each other. About 3 minutes later. Roscoe and Suzi were fighting BAD! Pulling hair and humping. Rascal was chasing Daisy and trying to hump her! They all flipped out!! So I put cardboard in between the cages so they couldn't see each other. If Roscoe even heard the other bunnies he started going off on Suzi again so..... I had to put Roscoe and Suzi back in the bedroom. And tear their cage down. I worked from 7 pm to midnight for NOTHING!! LOl. What an experience!

Why did they act like this????

Some bunnies can not TOLERATE other bunnies. As bad as that reaction was I would hold off awhile before letting them see each other. It could break their bonds. My trio can tolerate others as long as they don't get close. My bonded pair... Teresa can not see another bunny without going after Elvis and than he trys to defend himself. I have to than reach in and pet till they calm down.

I put them Roscoe and Suzi back in the bedroom. I couldn't take the way they were acting. After I put them back, they were fine, no problems after that. It was the craziest thing.

Thanks Ali :)

That is what happened with the pair I took in from the vet. They where fine when they where alone but when I had to move them out into the building with the other rabbits they "calm" old girl started going after the bigger more dominant one.

A lot of times the presence of another rabbit makes the bond dynamics change--I think that's what happened with you guys. It's like they had to prove they were the ones in charge to the new bunnies they've met.

tonyshuman wrote:
A lot of times the presence of another rabbit makes the bond dynamics change--I think that's what happened with you guys. It's like they had to prove they were the ones in charge to the new bunnies they've met.
That's what it seemed like. Too much for me take, seeing the girls get chased, etc.... So I put them back. I'm surprised though cause Roscoe and Suzi were around other rabbits where they were before. Maybe too much time went by, since I had them.

Latest posts

Back