HELP, bunny won’t pee or poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meggan Haas

Reaction score
I’ve come into recent possession of a wild rabbit, the rabbit looks to only be a few days old (ears or eyes haven’t opened yet). My dog attacked a herd? of these baby rabbits and out of the three found only one was left alive however wounded. The little buddy has been eating very well (about every 6 hours) with some nutrient kitten milk. Due to its wounds it looks as if it may have been paralyzed (it pulls itself around with its front legs and just lets it’s back legs dangle around), I’ve tried doing small exercises with it to see if it has any feeling in its legs and luckily it moves its legs and flexes its little toes around my fingers. I’ve had the little buddy for about 72 hours now, the first few hours I had it it pooped and it was green and sorta stringy. I didn’t think too much of it after doing some research saying that it could be due to stress or a new diet. However I’ve yet to see it poop in the last 48 hours and it’s belly has gotten pretty full and bloated (he still has quite the appetite however I’m afraid to feed it more). If it’s peed at all I haven’t noticed it and it’s shown signs of self grooming so hopefully it does some self stimulation. I’ve sat stimulating it for a good 5 minutes without any luck and I’m not quite sure what to do since the last time I took care of a rabbit was years ago and was fully grown and domesticated as I’ve heard wild rabbits are much harder to take care of.

Wild rabbits don't make good pets, and even if you could save the life of this little rabbit, he will never be able to live in the wild. Sad to say, I think the most humane thing to do in this case is to turn him over to animal control so they can euthanize him.

Wild rabbits don't make good pets, and even if you could save the life of this little rabbit, he will never be able to live in the wild. Sad to say, I think the most humane thing to do in this case is to turn him over to animal control so they can euthanize him.
Thank you but that won’t be needed...I woke up to do my check in on it at 5 this morning and found it dead. I tried my best but I’m sure that there wasn’t more I could’ve done for it

Latest posts

Back