Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBunLover06

Reaction score
I have a doe mini lop that I have rescued from a neglect home. She is pregnant and starting to nest and pull fur. Is there anyway to tell when she is about to give birth? Thanks

She is about to give birth very shortly. If you have a vet, please call and ask their opinion. They are the most qualified to answer you

Quite likely, yes. Rabbits are pretty good at that. Good luck :)

Keep an eye on her, when she's done check if all kits are in the nest and covered with fur, and offer her unlimited food.

Would start to worry me too. But I have no idea what to do in that case other than wait or see a vet.

Farmers here say that putting the doe to the buck might induce labour when she's due anyway, but well, that imho is wrong on some levels. What I would do is get her moving, nag her to hop around the garden (or whatever place she can move) for 10 minutes now and then.

No. Sorry for not replying earlier. We think she was having a false pregnancy, because two months down the line she still didn't have any kits. We don't even think she was bleeding actually. She has this mineral lick in her cage and it drips and so we're pretty sure that's what happened

Latest posts

Back