Help! Bunny has irregular poops, plz tell me if this is a bad health sign? Image attached*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B7az3

Reaction score
Hi, my bunny is 3 months old and a mix between a flemish and a mini lop. He has been pooping fine till now but this morning I was surprised to see her poop was different. Please if you could tell me if this is a health problem and what may be the cause of such poops. ThanksIMG_1978.JPG

Look like cecotropes, had he been eating something really yummy or how do his regular droppings look like?

We never see the cecotropes because out bunnies eat it before it drop down on the floor. But if they eat too much pellets, treats and so on, so that they get too much carbohydrates they will produce more cecotropes than what they can eat.

A bit of droppings:

https://rabbit.org/the-mystery-of-rabbit-poop/
http://www.bunssb.org/bunnies/guide-bunny-poops/
Second link have pictures of droppings and different looks they can have and what it can tell you :)

Might be. His usual droppings look like this, and whenever he does make cecotropes it is usually in clusters rather than spread out and this shape. Resized_Resized_20200506_213611.jpg

I would have a different set up for the litter box, to make it easier for the bunny to eat hay. Your droppings seem to be the size of a normal holland lop. They seem to be a bit dark for a kit, that often only go on hay and pellets diet :)

@Blue eyes have good site about the litter box set up.

Thank you so much for replying, his poop is back to normal now. He eats a lot, I'm definitely going to improve the litter box as he is growing bigger fast due to his flemish genes.

I know how much they can eat, myself had a french lop. She alone ate a big bicycle basket of hay every day 😂

So a flemish giant twice her size will eat more than what she did. The larger breed truly eat a lot of hay.

Latest posts

Back