help! bunny falling over Don't know what to do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So whilst I was at the vet, the rabbit happened to do a poop and so a poop test was done. I didn't really expect anything to come of it as my bun has seemed to more or less be back to normal eating and running etc. But I just received a called from them that he has cocci. So I don't know too much about it, but the vet nurse was saying usually cocci is alright but lucky happens to have too much of it. The medicine for that is $50 which I don't mind paying, but **** that means I will have spent $300 in vet related bills in a week!

If any of you guys have info on this cocci, that'll be great.

It can actually be quite serious, and can many times be fatal if a rabbit doesn't receive the correct treatment promptly. Sometimes a rabbit is able to fight it off on it's own without medication, but it's not something I would want to risk messing around with.
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Protozoal_diseases/Cocc_en.htm (WARNING: graphic medical related photos)

Ahk I should have picked up the meds just before close then. The way she was talking about it, it didn't seem that serious.

It really depends how heavy a load of cocci they found. I would imagine if it was severe, they would have recommended picking up the meds immediately.

And with your bun seeming to feel better, it may be his immune system is fighting it off successfully.

Latest posts

Back