Help bunny ate toy within a few hours!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hikari

Reaction score
I bought some new toys for my rabbit over the weekend and they arrived earlier this week, today I decided to let him try out a few. This included Kaytee Combo Chew Apple Slices, which come with 3 wooden apple slices and 2 slices of this loofah/sponge material. He wasn't really interested in them but I came back to check on him an hour or so later and he's completely eaten the 2 loofah pieces! This hasn't ever happened before where he just eats a toy, usually, he isn't even interested in them. Should I be worried? I think it's likely safe for him to eat/chew in smaller amounts, I'm just scared because he ate so much in such a small time frame.

Just make sure he eats lots of hay and everything will pass through the stomach.

If you bunny is prone to gas when eating something they aren’t supposed to or eat too much of something. You can give baby gas drops as a prevention to not make gas troubles start.

So just keep an eye on him during the day and encourage hay eating.

Just make sure he eats lots of hay and everything will pass through the stomach.

If you bunny is prone to gas when eating something they aren’t supposed to or eat too much of something. You can give baby gas drops as a prevention to not make gas troubles start.

So just keep an eye on him during the day and encourage hay eating.
I'll keep an eye on him, so far he is eating plenty of hay. He isn't prone to gas but I luckily have gas drops in his emergency kit! Thanks for the help!

I'll keep an eye on him, so far he is eating plenty of hay. He isn't prone to gas but I luckily have gas drops in his emergency kit! Thanks for the help!

It’s good he’s eating a lot of hay. That’s what always keep the stomach going 😊

Latest posts

Back