Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaleehill

Reaction score
Hi i just got home and I check my bunnies poop every jight and this has never been seen before I have no idea if i’m making this post in the right area so i’m so sorry i’m frantic right now and so worried
I found this in his poop and I cant figure out what bugs they are or what and if this is even contagious to me and if I should be making a vet and doctors appointment or just getting de wormer or what but please help me i’m so nervous
I clean his bathroom once a week as I figured that was enough but i’m unsure if this is something I caused and I feel so terrible right now, he’s my little man I do everything I can for him and now i’m not sure what to do
He is acting fine, eating and everything.
I could only find these on that one pile and got them out of the cage right away
I have a two videos but they won’t let me upload them I can email them though to anyone who is able to help and needs a closer look

Attachments

• 95C0CF9D-61F9-4801-A2F5-CFF78CD4C327.png
    95C0CF9D-61F9-4801-A2F5-CFF78CD4C327.png
    857 KB · Views: 11
  • 0EF1438C-8ACB-4845-9C18-881B97642D95.png
    0EF1438C-8ACB-4845-9C18-881B97642D95.png
    890 KB · Views: 10
Intestinal worms will be smooth. These aren't and I have no idea what they are. Some sort of larvae that hatched from the poop sitting in the litter box. I would say just clean out the litter box more often to prevent it.

Intestinal worms will be smooth. These aren't and I have no idea what they are. Some sort of larvae that hatched from the poop sitting in the litter box. I would say just clean out the litter box more often to prevent it.
Is it possible to be a parasite? Do you think a dewormer medicine should be taken anyways incase he ate these? (he’s a fat ass that would eat his life away and loves to munch on his doo) But thank you for the fast reply this took away a lot of stress knowing it wasn’t intestinal worms and could just be a larve of some type, so thank you, i will be cleaning every 2/3 days from now on out of this. Thank you again

If he ate any, I would imagine it would just be extra protein 🤮 I would think it's bug larvae and not a parasite, but maybe a google picture search could turn something up if you're really intent to find out.

If he ate any, I would imagine it would just be extra protein 🤮 I would think it's bug larvae and not a parasite, but maybe a google picture search could turn something up if you're really intent to find out.
I reversed google on every single close up of the bug i had and nothing ! it must just be some weird larve, i have a feeling he didn’t eat any because his hungry ass would shave ate each one in the sitting 🤣🤣 Thank you for calming my nerves though I really appreciate it

Have a vet take look. I'm not sure what the darker looking bugs are, but I do see what may be a pinworm in the first image. So definitely talk to a vet.
I saw that too, im gonna take a close look tomorrow morning with his fresh poops and see if i see those again, im thinking it’s what JBun had said and it’s some random larve (hopefully!) but i’m gonna be keeping a close eye, if he starts to act up vets will be immediately visited ! ilol he getting some dewormer though 100% if i see those skinny worms again, there was only that one i had seen and i only noticed cause the video sadly.

Yeah. I think the darker ones may be outside bugs that somehow got in. Looks almost like those pill bugs or woodlouse. But the legs are too thin. Or maybe silverfish larvae.
Edit: Carpet Beetle larvae, maybe?

Last edited:
If these rather thin things on the sides are bristles and not legs, and there are 6 actual legs in the front part it would be some kind of beetle larvae, if it's all legs some kind of isopoda?
Anyway, really doesn't look like any parasite I've heard of, but I would have a close look around there if there are damp spots under stuff or furniture around there, just to make sure you don't get damage from that.

Latest posts

Back