HELP!! Black dot on skin w/ baldness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuteclover909

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP...
My holland lip rabbit (about 7 years old) has become bald on her chin, and there is a big black dot in the center.
Is this cancer? Or some type of skin condition? Please help,,, thanks.

It could be a tumor. It's hard to know without seeing what you are talking about(you could post a picture). Really the only way to know for sure would be to have a knowledgeable rabbit vet check it out.
https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/
Sorry about not having a picture. I’ve attached below. Do you think it can be a tumor??

Attachments

• 8DEBB03C-BFB5-4D03-A7DA-D65319B8AF66.jpeg
    8DEBB03C-BFB5-4D03-A7DA-D65319B8AF66.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 20
If it doesn't just look like a normal wound of some sort, then yes, a tumor is possible. So, seeing a rabbit vet to get a proper diagnosis would be the best thing.

Absolutely see a rabbit vet, could be an infected wound, tumour, abscess... needs to be seen by a good rabbit vet.

One of our guinea pigs had a lump that looked like that. Was a sebaceous cyst. Yucky cheesy smelly stuff was removed by the vet and by us and it went away.

I had a bunny with a pink lump that grew took the bunny to the vet and it was cancerous luckily they were able to remove the entire thing and in the life of the bunny it never grew back. So you just never know anything strange should be checked by the vet

Hello, cuteclover909,

I believe that tumours are only manifesting as such in the human body; the Animal body deals with problems which would appear as a tumour (in our body), differently. Unfortunately, I did not know this when my dog was diagnosed with cancer of the mammalian glands and the uterus; she was, therefore, operated.

What I can see from your photo resembles a problem I have observed with the leaves of plants. It is possible that the body physicality of your rabbit to have found something strange in the bone of the jaw of your Rabbit, but the origin of the problem could rest in the body of a person around you. I am not a veterinarian, and I do not want to mislead you, because for the purpose of preserving human life broadly, problems in animals could be treated as dangerous, like tumours, and could be operated, even if on a perfected level those problems to be treatable differently for the Rabbit, especially if the animal lived in its natural environment.

Maxi had a similar problem without a wound on his chest, where the fur was cut to the skin, and for a while remained in that condition, but currently most of his fur has grown back.

Regards,
Sonya and Maxi
A problem with a leaf has no relavance to that of a bunny. Bunnies get tumors and cancer. Any wound on a bunny could become very serious, bunnies don’t manifest skin issues from a person that’s ill.
Everyone wants to help and obviously you do too
The best advice is to see a vet tumors are just as dangerous in bunnies as any other mammal

What a silly and dangerous thing to say. Of course animals get tumours and they have to be removed.
Thank you popsicles. I didn’t understand a good portion of the reply especially regarding the leaf etc...

Latest posts

Back