help baby rabbit sick?!?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherlockthebunny

Reaction score
One of my babies I rescued died there 3 weeks.. he was fine this mourning other then diarrhea for few days.. you think that might of done it? Before we went he was falling over and rolling, dizzy. Not blinking at all even when but finger near eye, and head tilting and looking to sky... will my other one be fine? Could it just be the diarrhea.. other looks fine... can't take to vet there wild.

True watery diarrhea is always an emergency for rabbits, and they can die within 24-48 hours from it. It could have also just been a side-effect from something else, there was likely some sort of gut imbalance going on to cause it.

Diarrhea in rabbits is extremely serious and should have been treated immediately.

If they are wild rabbits they need to go to a wildlife rehabber ASAP. Not only is it illegal to keep a wild animal captive but the outcome for the animals is extremely low.

The rehab place won't take them since there so young...it looked like a sezuire his legs flailed and his head was jerking. .sad his diarrhea was clearing up it wasn't true watery but very moshi.

Rehab place was first place checked. .. others fine no Diarrhea. Realy do love these guys well now just one...

Last edited:
Diarrhea in rabbits is extremely serious and should have been treated immediately.

If they are wild rabbits they need to go to a wildlife rehabber ASAP. Not only is it illegal to keep a wild animal captive but the outcome for the animals is extremely low.

I agree with this.

If you are in North Carolina, there is a wildlife rehabber who will take the rabbit. Where are you located? I can ask Randy if he can call your wildlife rehabber and get them to take the bunny.

Sadly the bunny past the next mourning after this thread was posted. I live in manatobia... I did fall in love with them but was planning to set them free once old enough. I'm very distraught over this own thing, today is first day I even came to terms that it's not a dream and there not coming back. I had my fair share of pets pass away but never did it feel this way I always had known and accepted they were dead I was sad yes but I knew right away they were gone. This was different I found the little guy on the floor dead in the mourning I has him in my arms and cried an hour straight(every little movement I thought i had been wroung but it was just my hands that were shaking) before walking and felt like a dream to get a bag and paper towel to wrap him in every time I wrapped him up I had to cheack thinking I had been wroung but there he was still dead. I didn't go back to sleep but stayed in the living room starring at nothing like a zombie or braking down and crying. I didn't sleep at night as there faces haunted me not the death but memory's so painful. When I did sleep it was about them if they were alive every mourning I would awake thinking it a dream and they be there but always disappointed. I begged god to give my babies back and kept telling my self it was a dream. I cried my self to sleep. Walked around zombie like mind blank litterly, a saw shadows of them heared the noises they made even down stairs the thud sound of hopping and I would go cheack my whole room and there would be none... I did love everything about them and loved them with all I had so I'm not the person who's like oh well if somthing goes wroung I was trying to do my best... I feel more then guilty and they were more then rabbits , pets, best friend,sibling or aqantiece which I felt with all other animals in my care no they were like kin to me and I felt more of a mother then care taker.. I never forced held them once yet they trusted me to hop in my lap , lick me, chew on my clothes, nuzzle me. Never tried to tame them or earn trust as I always thought of them as wild yet there they were coming up to me jumping out of the basket to great me and tap on my bed just before my alarm to feed them. No one could tell them apart and I thought it was easy trouble maker had more white on his fore head he was smaller less fluffy and looked like yoda whyll my other one sherlock looked like a chinchilla plus markings sherlock also had lighter coat plus personally. If only I had acted sooner or went out more often noticed the nest before my dog.. noticed the sign in my bunnies sooner or even stayed up all night with the little guy or anything...

Latest posts

Back