Help! Baby bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a litter of rabbits, and they are 5 weeks old now. I was checking if i could see their genders yet, and one of them had poop stuck to their bottom. It was a lot, probably an inch and a half long or so. I gave it a butt bath and got him/her all cleaned up. But i noticed that it is really swollen and theres some scabs on the side. Im not sure what to do.View media item 9550View media item 9549View media item 9550View media item 9549Raymond posted Nov 13, 2018 at 6:17 PM[/GALLERY]View media item 9549View media item 9548View media item 9550View media item 9549

Yes, defiantly needs to go to the vet , because of its small size and young age :(.

Any bunny that gets debris stuck to them will be swollen and sore. Keep the bottom clean and it will heal. Quite often, the beginning of that problem is diahria, caused by a digestive issue, or sudden change in the food source. Chemically treated hay or straw will have that problem. As mentioned in earlier posts, any medication the dam was taking can cause this issue.

In short, the swelling is common for that situation and should heal without any long term issues. Keep an eye on the baby's droppings, to make sure they are normal.

Update: she is doing much better, i took her to the vet the next day and she was just swollen because of it. She's been great since. She would like to thanl everyonr for their help!

Attachments

• 20181110_170222.jpg
    20181110_170222.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back