help ASAP!! rabbit spay wound looks opened (tw)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammantha

Reaction score
I could be over exaggerating but could someone take a look at this? my baby got spayed yesterday and it was over $500. she’s my emotional support rabbit and I can’t afford anything else.. it’s making me freak out. she’s eating, drinking, and her bowl movements are fine. she’s taking her meds and everything.

Attachments

• 3B139D32-FA73-4674-AF1A-A6DF20BB5F2C.jpeg
    3B139D32-FA73-4674-AF1A-A6DF20BB5F2C.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 9
She might be chewing at it, but I can't tell from the photo if it's opened up or just a minor wound from messing with it too much. If it's completely open, she will have to be seen by the vet to get restitched. Maybe even tonight if it's really bad. If it's not open and just minor irritation or a small surface wound, I would keep her from messing with it anymore tonight, then tomorrow get another look at it and phone your vet if you're not sure if she needs to be seen.

She might be chewing at it, but I can't tell from the photo if it's opened up or just a minor wound from messing with it too much. If it's completely open, she will have to be seen by the vet to get restitched. Maybe even tonight if it's really bad. If it's not open and just minor irritation or a small surface wound, I would keep her from messing with it anymore tonight, then tomorrow get another look at it and phone your vet if you're not sure if she needs to be seen.
how would i know if it’s completely opened up? will there be blood or behavior changes? the doctor told me she stitched it up and then glue it

You'll be able to see a completely different layer of tissue or muscle below the top layer of skin. It's pretty unmistakable when you see it. If you can't tell, then it might be fine and you could wait until morning when you can talk to your vet.

Latest posts

Back