Help! Acting Strange

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mktbrandy

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to find my rabbit appearing normal. I let her out and she hides in one of her boxes. Normally she sits with me while I have coffee. The past two hours she won't come out of her small box. I checked her ears, they aren't cold... She is breathing a little heavy. I got her to eat a small amount of food (a little hay, some fresh grass), but not much. I'm at the point where I don't think I'll take her to the vet, because it's an hour away and I don't want to cause her anymore stress. In the meantime I've been petting her, leaving food outside her box, and trying to let her rest.

I did have a bad leg cramp in bed last night and I might have scared her in the middle of the night. She isn't very cuddly, so I'm trying to let her know she is safe by leaving her alone this morning. Any advice? I appreciate your help guys!

She did just hop back in her cage and pee in her litter box, but then ran straight back to her little box to hide.

She could have simply been spooked by something, but abnormal behavior can also sometimes happen because they are sick or injured. So if she still is acting strange today and not really eating, I would suggest a vet visit.

She could have simply been spooked by something, but abnormal behavior can also sometimes happen because they are sick or injured. So if she still is acting strange today and not really eating, I would suggest a vet visit.
I ended up taking her to the vet... GI Stasis and urinary sludge... Very glad I took her in when I did. Got her some fluids and meds, and been feeding her critical care. A lot better today! Gotta follow up Monday. Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back