Help accidentally stepped on my bunny's back paw

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbie Medina

Reaction score
I was bending over to hide away my sneakers from miss munch it all and when I straightened back up putting my foot on the floor I stepped onto one of her back paws (she tends to get under or very much close to your feet, like she positions herself under your shoe but I always notice) I squealed in pure dismay, she ran away limping, but now she is running full speed through the house, yet she doesn't want anything to do with me I was gonna pet her and wanted to check her paw too and she thumped in disgust ran away and grunts when I try to get close, she made an attempt to get close and I started petting her but she started shivering in pure fright, she has never been so frightened of me before :(

I'll get here some meloxicam as soon as the rain calms a little bit for her paw

My mom checked she pulls closer her paw if you touch it

I suspect that she will calm down. From my (admittedly limited) experience Rabbits don’t have very good memories. Give her a couple hours and she will forget you stepped on her — faster if treats are involved — and she will hop back over to you like usual.

Just wait and see, myself have stepped and closed the door on my bunnies paws.

Often they are okay, but keep an eye on how she use the paw. If she’s limping or favor the other paw more, take her to the veterinarian.

But bunnies will always come back to normal after a bit of bribing. I would say they have great memory but as long you have a bond with them. It won’t break that easy.

Latest posts

Back