Help about neutoring/spaying

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Sheboygan, and my rabbit savvy vet does a spay for about $100, I think neutering may be a little less. The price does not include the blood tests, which they highly recommend (and so do I). That's an extra $20 or so. There are lots of places that offered to spay/neuter for less, but they see pet rabbits once in a blue moon and probably wouldn't know what to do with one.

Have you found a good vet yet? There should be a number of them in the Rabbit Savvy Vet Listings.

Holy mackerel, Dusty! What vet do you go to?! I asked my rabbit vet, that I have to drive for an hour to get to, about getting my Ben fixed. She said it would be $150 to neuter a MALE! I don't want to think about getting a doe done. It would probably be around $200.

Last year when I got Tio, Kyo & Tiny done - it was $350 if I remember right - but I got two of those collars (just in case I needed them - I was able to return them unused and get $18 credit) and I got some pain meds for them. I think it was $100 each, plus the collars, meds & tax of course.

It didn't matter about their size though as Tio & Kyo are Netherland Dwarfs and Tiny is a Flemish Giant.

Peg

I called many places in my area when I got my female spayed, the cheapest was about $250, the highest was almost $400. I found out from our local shelter what vet they go to, and I called them. They're about 30 minutes away in the country and they were able to spay her for $120. For some reason it only ended up costing $60, we were pretty happy with that.

I had Mr. Wiggles done recently, but because I foster cats for a lady here she talked to the vet that does her rescue cats and they neutered him for $40.

Megan

In Dayton Ohio area it is 120.00 for females and 90.00 for males. That is the least it will cost..plus if the rabbit hasn't been seen before tack on another 34.00 for an exam. That is for my vet and the price does vary in the area. My vet does many rabbits i must say

my vet doesnt do rabbits:(, so we've got to find one that does...so far it has been $200 for females and $150 for males.. thats w/o getting an exam

Latest posts

Back